Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Firemans Texas Cruzer Ride Impressions

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Old 01-10-08, 08:12 PM
kurtz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just got my Firemans Texas Cruzer. What a ride. I like bikes and this is one of the best. I've owned 25 bikes in the last 7 years and this is the best purchase I have made.

First of all, I have to say thanks to Greg "Fireman" Mundy. Superior service and a great help. I'm in Canada and he helped set the shipping to Buffalo for me.

I chose Univ. Texas Orange and the colour is awesome. I added Redline Proline cranks. The bike is kitted with Redline parts and Sun Rhynolite/Bulletproof wheels.

The fit is great. I'm 5'8" and I really like the laid back seating. I makes for easy cruising, but I will need a wider saddle than the Redline racing seat. The bike does a bit of a quick change because as soon as I stand up to mash the pedals, the steering feels a lot quicker. The bike tracks nicely. I haven't done wheelies before but I think I may try with this bike. Its really easy to lift the front wheel off the road with a slight pull back on the handlebars.

Its not too heavy - not as light as a singlespeed mountain bike or my pursuit bikes (Adieu!) but its not a pig.

The frame is constructed really well. The welds look great.

Anyways...I recommend this bike to anyone looking for a fun ride with style. I'll try racing it in the summer.
Old 01-10-08, 08:39 PM
-=(8)=-
♋ ☮♂ ☭ ☯

Bikes: Sngl Spd's, 70's- 80's vintage, D-tube Folder

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I those bikes !!!

I hope you keep having fun on it

Great to see an American Co. putting out world class stuff, too !
Old 01-10-08, 09:41 PM
kurtz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks.

I wanted one since getting a post card 5 years ago. Finally made the purchase. For those looking at similar rides, there are the Skull Skates Cruiser (I considered this), Kappa BMX, Sledgehammer, and the OM Flyer. But this was my fave - cromo, looptail, great colours, quality, north american made, and excellent service
Old 01-10-08, 09:42 PM
kurtz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh. And I won't forget Thursday Bikes - I think that's it for 26" BMX
Old 08-24-22, 12:52 PM
Buddy94

Bikes: 2023 Trek Checkpoint ALR 5 , Firemans 4 BMX Cruiser

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Really old thread but just joined and I'm a Firemans 26" fan. Been riding one since 2011 (I'm 58). As a matter of fact I just bought my first road bike last month, a Trek Checkpoint ALR 5, to give me an option for gears but still let me do "similar" riding, road, sidewalks, small gravel, etc.