Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Bike lights?

Old 10-20-22, 11:23 AM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
Bike lights?

Is it just me or did anyone else notice/experience no lights on their Zwift bike when riding? I was on a ride last night and the weather turned and it became very dark and cloudy with some heavy rain but my flashing light was gone. Is that a new feature or just a strange circumstance?
Old 10-20-22, 12:21 PM
La Tortue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Bike lights have been around forever.
Old 10-23-22, 09:33 AM
dmanthree

Bikes: Garmin/Tacx Bike Smart

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Originally Posted by gthomson
Is it just me or did anyone else notice/experience no lights on their Zwift bike when riding? I was on a ride last night and the weather turned and it became very dark and cloudy with some heavy rain but my flashing light was gone. Is that a new feature or just a strange circumstance?
No worries. No cars in Zwift world anyway.

;-)
Likes For dmanthree:
Old 10-23-22, 11:01 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,686 Times in 2,509 Posts
Originally Posted by dmanthree
No worries. No cars in Zwift world anyway.
it always bothers me that in Zwift's Central Park, there are police cars parked on the bike lanes. Can't escape that nonsense.
I never really liked the lights, and I really don't like it when it rains. I quit early once because I had to get off my bike to adjust something and it started raining. That's why I'm inside riding, I don't need it to intrude into my basement.
Yes, petty complaints.
Likes For unterhausen:
Old 10-23-22, 02:31 PM
dmanthree

Bikes: Garmin/Tacx Bike Smart

Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
it always bothers me that in Zwift's Central Park, there are police cars parked on the bike lanes. Can't escape that nonsense.
I never really liked the lights, and I really don't like it when it rains. I quit early once because I had to get off my bike to adjust something and it started raining. That's why I'm inside riding, I don't need it to intrude into my basement.
Yes, petty complaints.
Not to mention the vegetation growing in the pavement in many places, and the lack of a snow fence on the Radio Tower climb. Agreed, Zwift DPW is in need of new management.
Old 10-23-22, 05:42 PM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Originally Posted by unterhausen
Yes, petty complaints.
I've never noticed the police cars but I agree about the rain or bad weather. A while back, I threw out that question to the forum asking why they bother with this and someone's response, was standard gaming procedure. I didn't get it at the time until someone kindly explained it breaks up the monotony when you play for hours at a time. Something I would never do.
Old 10-23-22, 09:14 PM
tempocyclist

Bikes: 2002 Trek 5200 (US POSTAL), 2020 Canyon Aeroad SL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked 679 Times in 327 Posts
They've definitely reduced the amount of rain over the years at least. It used to "rain" during a Zwift ride almost every 10 minutes at one point. Rarer now and I guess it does break things up a little.
Old 10-30-22, 10:27 AM
kcjc

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
The dinos and other realistic elements are not a bother? Everyone flying by at >4w/kg? The mini skirts and everyone being well endowed? I just hate the color saturation bomb.
Old 10-31-22, 07:12 AM
gthomson

Maybe because I'm just looking at my 22" computer screen, I don't really pay attention to all those details but I do pay attention to the puddle of sweat below the mat so I know I'm getting something out of it.
Likes For gthomson:
Old 11-02-22, 07:30 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4385 Post(s)
Liked 4,827 Times in 2,983 Posts
I don't even notice the rain, bike lights or scenery when I'm busy chewing stem in a Zwift race.
Old 11-05-22, 06:07 AM
Bald Paul

Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked 1,646 Times in 776 Posts
1) If you don't have a light on your bike, no one will hit you.
2) When it rains, you don't get wet.
3) The dinosaurs won't eat you.

Ride On.