Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

JACO Bike Air Chucks

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

JACO Bike Air Chucks

Old 11-17-22, 08:13 AM
Ridinglurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
I got those 2 JACO air chucks and they work fine. I only have Shrader, so i couldn't test the Presta.

I first didn't realize there was instructions included and didn't do the screwing on and it leaked on some valves. So thanks for posting the video above, which made me look for the instructions :-)
You have to be a bit careful screwing on to not cross-thread the valve thread. not sure if this is an actual danger, though.

I also got the JACO 100 psi digital gauge (0.5% = 0.5 psi accuracy). https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07VV78R...roduct_details
i also got this 100 psi analog inflator. FWIW, at my car it is within 1 psi of what the JACO shows. So good enough. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07RVHPW...roduct_details

it would be nice if they had an inflator combined with the 100 psi digital gauge. Look at the ASME classification. The "A" for example is 1% accurate in the middle of the scale, but 2% at 25 and 75%. Mine is "2A" and is 0.5% at full scale (note it says working range 5-100 psi, so the accuracy at under 5 psi will be crap). https://jacosuperiorproducts.com/col...curacy-100-psi

The above listed JACO inflator has a 200 psi range at 1%, so that is +/1 2 psi vs. mine that is +/- 0.5 psi.
Old 11-22-22, 10:40 AM
jnbrown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 52 Posts
I got mine yesterday and tried it on presta mode on one of my bikes.
Followed the instructions and it worked great with my digital inflator.
I supported it with one hand to prevent any leaking which I am not sure is necessary but easy to do.
Hopefully it will last.
Old 11-22-22, 11:57 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18319 Post(s)
Liked 15,288 Times in 7,227 Posts
Originally Posted by jnbrown
I got mine yesterday and tried it on presta mode on one of my bikes.
Followed the instructions and it worked great with my digital inflator.
I supported it with one hand to prevent any leaking which I am not sure is necessary but easy to do.
Hopefully it will last.
at myself. I confused this thread with the Jack the Bike Rack thread and thought to myself "What is this dude talking about?" when I read your post.