Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Does your spouse ride with you?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Does your spouse ride with you?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-15, 11:39 AM
spoiledrotten

Bikes: 2015 Scott Speedster XL Frame, 2014 Diamondback hybrid, and a 20" Schwinn Unicycle (does that count?)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zonatandem

Been riding TWOgether since 1975 and have tandemed for over 240,000 miles. She ridden 100+ centuries with me.
At ages 82 and 80 we still get in lotsa miles and smiles!

That is very neat! Cheers to the two of you.
Old 11-24-15, 08:42 AM
Outnumbered

Bikes: Cyclocross Generic Steel Frame 105 Shimano Group Set, Minn Framed Fat Bike

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
At 56 my wife has lost 60 lbs now mostly from walking now she is going for the final 30 bike riding, she rides but uses my daughters bike. We ride together at her pace which is slow mostly due to the fact aerobically she is out of shape for bike riding and the bike is not really a good fit for her. the important thing is she is riding which is great. Next week she is getting a new Trek FX 7.3 fitted to her which she doesn't know about yet and i figure this will enhance her enjoyment of riding again. She wants to do some charity rides with me and this will be a good bike for her with various physical issues hat seem to come with age.
Old 11-24-15, 08:56 AM
digibud

Bikes: Spec Roubaix, three Fisher Montare, two Pugs

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Outnumbered
At 56 my wife has lost 60 lbs now mostly from walking now she is going for the final 30 bike riding, she rides but uses my daughters bike. We ride together at her pace which is slow mostly due to the fact aerobically she is out of shape for bike riding and the bike is not really a good fit for her. the important thing is she is riding which is great. Next week she is getting a new Trek FX 7.3 fitted to her which she doesn't know about yet and i figure this will enhance her enjoyment of riding again. She wants to do some charity rides with me and this will be a good bike for her with various physical issues hat seem to come with age.
Congrats on that. I would encourage her to push herself to whatever degree is fun and challenging. Great to ride with the one you sleep with.