Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Reynolds 453 Harding Tri-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-21, 04:41 PM
charity_cyclist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reynolds 453 Harding Tri-Sport

Hi Guys,

Very new to this website, and I was looking for some advice. I am planning on doing a 200km cycle for charity in around 2 months. Although I don't have a lot of experience I plan to train hard for this. I'm planning on buying a road bike at a reasonable price for this challenge as well.
I came across this bike online and wanted to see if it would be adequate and if the price was worth it, as I have no experience with older bikes and couldn't find much information about it online.
Any advice or tips that could help me would be appreciated, thank you!

URL: www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/race-bike-or-road-bike-vintage-bicycle/28753445
Old 07-29-21, 08:18 AM
Charliekeet

Bikes: S-Works Stumpjumper HT Disc, Fuji Absolute, Kona Jake the Snake, '85 Cannondale SR900

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 142 Posts
Hi. Bike looks clean, and the seller sounds confident that it's in running condition, nothing stuck, and has some decent parts, BUT:
That's too much dough for this. 360 euro for a late 80s, downtube shifting road bike with lower-end, single-butted Reynolds tubing? I would negotiate, because unless the brand is some special thing that I'm not familiar with, or you can't get your hands on something else in time, it's too much.
Old 07-29-21, 09:31 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Prices on bikes in Europe are higher than the States but $450 US is big money for this bike. I'd say pass but you're in a hurry to find a bike and the supply is not great so there's that. This is more like a $200 bike that needs a new saddle, new tires, and new cables. So pass on this and keep looking. There have got to be a lot of bikes for sale in Dublin, right?

Last edited by bikemig; 07-29-21 at 09:34 AM.
Likes For bikemig:
Old 07-29-21, 04:08 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3803 Post(s)
Liked 3,324 Times in 2,170 Posts
-----

there are Harding badged machines contract built by Holdsworthy

there were two brothers; one opperated a retail shop in California and the other one in Cork

this may be a cycle done for the brother in Cork...

-----