Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

babboe cargo bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-16, 05:09 PM
dabrucru

Bikes: cube sl road comp, canyon neuron, GFM city bike with child seat attached, peugeot 80's city bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
babboe cargo bike

hi all

i m thinking of buying a cargo bike and i saw these babboe , i saw them online as we here at malta we do not have no one who stock cargo bikes (never seen one actually) i just tought maybe someone has one who could give me some advice . i saw the two wheeler one called the cargo city

thanks
Old 09-22-16, 05:18 PM
AlexCyclistRoch
The Infractionator

Bikes: Classic road bikes: 1986 Cannondale, 1978 Trek

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Is there a question?
Old 09-22-16, 05:25 PM
dabrucru

Bikes: cube sl road comp, canyon neuron, GFM city bike with child seat attached, peugeot 80's city bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my question is if these bikes are of good quality. i know there are better ones but may e there is someone who own one who could tell me from experience
Old 09-22-16, 05:31 PM
bulldog1935
Banned.

Bikes: '74 Raleigh International utility; '98 Moser Forma road; '92 Viner Pro CX upright

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Don't know how much cargo you need to carry, but the Yuba Mundo has a big fan club
Old 09-22-16, 05:40 PM
dabrucru

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i just want to run around with my young son and do some shopping. i like the idea of him being in front of me
Old 09-22-16, 06:43 PM
Azreal911

Bikes: Wheeler Mtn bike, Strida 5.0, Tern Link Uno, FSIR Spin 2.0, Dahon Mu P8

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
just looking at the company it's based in the netherlands the country that basically invented these types of bikes so it would probably be safe that if you are buying from them that the quality will be pretty top notch.
Old 09-23-16, 07:12 AM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
They cost £1499.00 on the UK website. Thats a lot of money for bike you've never seen. Why not buy a regular bike and convert it into an Xtracycle?

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 09-23-16, 11:06 AM
Stadjer

Bikes: Gazelle rod brakes, Batavus compact, Peugeot hybrid

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 5996 Post(s)
Liked 956 Times in 730 Posts
Originally Posted by Azreal911
just looking at the company it's based in the netherlands the country that basically invented these types of bikes so it would probably be safe that if you are buying from them that the quality will be pretty top notch.
The Dutch tend to be extremely hard on their bikes, but that doesn't mean there aren't any manufacturers who cut corners. There's been a trend towards pre 80's durability and sturdiness but not every manufacturer is going along and certainly not to the same degree.

Babboe is considered good value for money, but not the best in practicality and certainly not top notch when it comes to lasting forever. If you want top notch lasting quality and the one that's is always on top when tested you have to pay a bit more for one from bakfiets.nl, which is actually the manufacterer that introduced these 2-wheeled cargo bikes to the country. These guys don't cut corners, it's hand build and bespoke, and all parts are selected on durability, their whole factory started because they weren't satisfied with the quality of modern bikes and they judged there would be demand for quality. They do save money on marketing though, it mainly consists of printing bakfiets.nl on the side and maintain the website, the bikes sell themselves and they refuse to be hurried so don't expect delivery within a week. I'm fan of this factory, they are remarkably inexpensive for the quality, but still it's a lot of money.
Old 07-26-21, 04:30 AM
becnal
I'm made of earth!

Bikes: KTM Macina 5 e-bike, Babboe Curve-E cargobike, Raleigh Aspen touring/off-road hybrid.

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread, I know, but I have the Babboe 3-wheel cargo bike and we all love it. For what it's worth.