Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Jack Taylor Tandem

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-22, 05:48 PM
Noah Scape
can't member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Jack Taylor Tandem

I'm helping a friend sell a JT tandem. It's mid-70s, I believe and in good condition. It was purchased as a frame and has an eclectic assortment of components. He called me today and asked me what I thought of the chances of selling it at the upcoming Madison swap. I told him I'd post here first to see if there was any interest. He's downsizing and not looking to get rich off it. His opening price is $1500 - local pick up in Iowa City. Apologies, but I don't have more pics at the moment. The pic I have is a few years old, but he didn't put many miles on it during the 14 years he's owned it. Oh yeah, the ST sizes are 59x59. brian at ironweedbp dot com

Last edited by Noah Scape; 12-30-22 at 06:35 PM.
Likes For Noah Scape:
Old 12-31-22, 05:22 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 12-31-22, 06:46 AM
JulesCW 

Bikes: N+1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 652 Times in 319 Posts
Neat tandem by one of the great makers. Vintage tandems are, unfortunately, a very hard sell. This one looks interesting -- with the bags, racks, etc. it might have more appeal than most, but he needs LOTS more photos showing frame detail, component list, full measurements (stoker compartment is a key issue -- likely shorter than the modern preference), and build story -- e.g.: what's the deal with the bags -- home made, or unusually preserved vintage, or? Taylor racks? This looks to me a mix of vintage and modern-ish (9-speed barcons?-- hard to tell in the one odd angle photo) -- that might be a mixed bag for selling it -- will likely make it a good rider, but a collector will want more "appropriate" parts. If he hopes to get $1500 he needs to do a lot more to sell it -- even for the Madison swap putting together a flyer with full details is a good idea.

Good luck with the sale.
Likes For JulesCW:
Old 12-31-22, 03:22 PM
polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked 1,081 Times in 522 Posts
Super cool tandem with tons of selling potential but I do agree with the above comment.