Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

New wheel for these 622mm wheels and cassette

Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-22, 11:29 AM
tairy

Bikes: Peugeot Ventoux, Trek Multitrack 830 (ebike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

I'm replacing my wheels on my Trek Multitrack 730 bike. Here's a photo of my 700c x35c tire. The cassette is 7 speed 13-34T cassette. Here's a picture of my tire. He has a S-Ride Cassette 7sp 13-34T cassette. Do you know if the wheels you're selling would work with his bike

Here's the ad for the wheels from the seller. Selling a set of GXD 1.0 wheels. They're less than 2 months old, taken off of a 2022 Cannondale Topstone. Specs 700c 23mm internal width Front wheel is 12/100 thru axle Rear wheel is 12/142 thru axle Non-boost spacing Aluminum material 6 bolt disk rotor hubs Let me know if you have any questions. These would make a great set of spare wheels for anyone riding gravel.

So do you think these would work with my tires?

Old 07-29-22, 11:59 AM
tairy

Nevermind! I have cantilever brakes. These are made for disc brakes so I assume they won't work.
Old 07-30-22, 07:03 AM
tairy

My local LBS said that the radial trueing of the rear tire is difficult. Since these wheels have so much use I'm just going to get a set of new ones. I have my 700c x35c tires that I'd like to keep. The cassette is 7 speed 13-34T Shimano HG compatible cassette.

My 7 speed cassette

I was looking at getting a pair of these EVO Tour 20 wheels. It's made for
Shimano HG 8, 9 or 10 speed cassettes. I saw on a reply on the REI page that you can use spacers for it to accept a 7 speed cassette. If this is the case, has anyone ever done this and if so how tricky is it to get to work? Would I just need one spacer?

EVO 20 rear wheel

For a pair I could get them for around $133 which seems pretty cheap. If you think these are too bottom of the line, do you have any suggestions on a good quality set of wheels that are fairly inexpensive and would work with my bike?
Old 08-01-22, 10:22 AM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 461 Times in 363 Posts
You could probably do better. Those wheels are drilled for schrader valves too, I'd go with presta myself. Almost any 135 rim brake rear wheel will work there, it was the MTB standard for a long time, until through axle. Almost all are Shimano compatible, and you may or may not need a spacer for 7sp. It would either be 1mm or 1.8mm.
Old 08-08-22, 12:25 PM
tairy

Originally Posted by zacster
You could probably do better. Those wheels are drilled for schrader valves too, I'd go with presta myself. Almost any 135 rim brake rear wheel will work there, it was the MTB standard for a long time, until through axle. Almost all are Shimano compatible, and you may or may not need a spacer for 7sp. It would either be 1mm or 1.8mm.
Thanks for that. I also see that these EVO wheels are single wall. It seems like double wall is preferable. I stopped by a bike LBS and bought a wheel but they gave me a road bike wheel instead of 135mm. Is there any reason to buy new over a used one? I'm getting frustrated with my bike project since it seems to have lasted all summer and am ready for it to be over.