Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Rouvy blues

Old 01-09-23, 11:37 AM
Champlaincycler

Bikes: 2018 Diverge Comp, 2016 Specialized SL4 Comp,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 42 Posts
Rouvy blues

Decided to go the virtual route this winter and signed up for Rouvy this morning. Downloaded to my laptop (Chromebook) went well but I just can't seem to pair my Kickr Core to the Chromebook. It just filters and filters forever. Troubleshot as best I could, disconnected any nearby devices, thought maybe my wifi connection was too weak in my outbuilding so brought the trainer into the house to try and still the same. Checked for bluetooth being on, disconnected things for a bit and still the same. Have a request in to Rouvy but that'll likely take a while. Any suggeations? Should I go buy an ant + ? Was excited for something new, a break from youtube,
Thanks for any help.
Old 01-09-23, 02:27 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked 1,179 Times in 686 Posts
i use rouvy and it is likely not rouvy that is having the problem but your bluetooth connection to the chromebook. not sure what chromebook supports as far as bluetooth but you could try using the chromebook interface to scan for bluetooth devices. also, try your phone (assume you have one) and see if it can detect the bluetooth from the kicker. if this is the first time you are using your kicker this way then it *is* possible that the kicker's bluetooth is non functional. if you can get another head unit to see the kicker then that will rule that out.
Old 01-09-23, 02:28 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked 1,179 Times in 686 Posts
also, an ant dongle cost me just under $20 about 4 years ago, i imagine they are cheaper now. i use rouvy and have connected with both.
Old 01-09-23, 03:23 PM
biker222

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
I was using BT to connect sensors with dropouts occurring on most rides until I went with a ANT+ dongle.
So far, not one dropout.

This is the combo ANT+ unit I am using which is now about $5 cheaper than an couple of weeks ago.
I still use BT for HR monitor.
Old 01-09-23, 04:12 PM
fsdogwood

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
As has been suggested, install Rouvy on your cell phone, see if you can get the trainer and the phone connected via bluetooth.
Regards
Pinwu
Old 01-10-23, 08:52 AM
nicocyclo

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Hi there,
probably gonna be an issue on your side. Never had a problem with the BT connection.
Try this link:support.rouvy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018747018-Bluetooth-connection
Hopefully, this will help you.
Old 01-11-23, 04:41 PM
Champlaincycler

Bikes: 2018 Diverge Comp, 2016 Specialized SL4 Comp,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 42 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I have Rouvy working fine on my cell, just too small of a platform for daily use. Oddly, the wahoo app converses via bluetooth just fine on my Chromebook and the Rouvy app is downloaded on it as well, it's just that it will not connect with the trainer. Rouvy now tells me that they are not compatable with Chromebook. Hope this helps anyone considering a Chromebook . Also discovered that Zwift will not work as well. Gets a bit worse as my tablet is a Kindle which won't support any of those apps. New tablet coming soon, I'll just focus on the small phone screen for a bit. Did my first ride this morning and it was great fun. Thanks again.
Old 01-13-23, 05:31 PM
rivers

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Champlaincycler
Thanks for the replies. I have Rouvy working fine on my cell, just too small of a platform for daily use. Oddly, the wahoo app converses via bluetooth just fine on my Chromebook and the Rouvy app is downloaded on it as well, it's just that it will not connect with the trainer. Rouvy now tells me that they are not compatable with Chromebook. Hope this helps anyone considering a Chromebook . Also discovered that Zwift will not work as well. Gets a bit worse as my tablet is a Kindle which won't support any of those apps. New tablet coming soon, I'll just focus on the small phone screen for a bit. Did my first ride this morning and it was great fun. Thanks again.
if your phone has USB C or lightning port, you can get an HDMI adapter and plug into your TV or a monitor.