Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Can Anyone Identify This Cruiser?

Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Old 09-23-21, 06:41 AM
LifeNovice1
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts

I'm going to buy this hopefully in the next couple of days.
After agonizing over some very spendy bikes and sone MTN bikes I think I just want something simple that doesn't require $800 in additional pedals, helmets, jerseys, shorts, etc.

I think I like the aesthetic of cruisers. Anyone know anything about Brand/model? Really like the rear rack and Dyno light.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/687495845513223/

Is $40 a fair price to offer?

Or I can get a Sears Free Spirit Sheffield for $30 but it only has a coaster brake and there's a steep hill I have to go down into traffic from my house.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/291932769383614/

I keep going back and forth. I think the older Free Spirit has more vibe but caliper brakes and the rear rack is the better deal and more practical.

Any experience with these?
Old 09-23-21, 07:48 AM
'02 nrs

Bikes: 1938 claud butler,1983 Basso,teledyne titan,teocali super,nrs,1993 stumpjumper fsr,Paramountain,Paramount Buell(sold),4 banger,Zaskar LE,Colnago Master Ibex MTB,1987ish,.etc....

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Liked 2,958 Times in 1,491 Posts
black'e

appears to be a Dutch made,tall stem & rear wheel integrated lock device.the ride will be miles better than the free spirit.try it first to be sure it fits your frame.
Old 09-23-21, 09:08 AM
LifeNovice1
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by '02 nrs
appears to be a Dutch made,tall stem & rear wheel integrated lock device.the ride will be miles better than the free spirit.try it first to be sure it fits your frame.
By stem you mean where the handlebars go in? Where do you see a rear lock? Dutch? Cool. I get the impression that Dutch bikes are practical and made for real world use, not just fun and garage space occupier, sounds like it should be good. Can't wait to see it
Old 10-28-21, 01:03 AM
loved666

Bikes: Trek 4300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cant wait to see it
Old 05-01-22, 11:09 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by LifeNovice1
By stem you mean where the handlebars go in? Where do you see a rear lock? Dutch? Cool. I get the impression that Dutch bikes are practical and made for real world use, not just fun and garage space occupier, sounds like it should be good. Can't wait to see it
This bike is equipped with an ABUS type rear wheel lock located on the rear seat stays where the rack bolts in. Looks to be a coaster brake bike with a front rim brake also. A nice commuter bike. If your rides don't have any steep hills this bike will probably fill the bill. Thieves will steal anything but this bike is not real high on their list of bikes to steal.