Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Bead setting

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Bead setting

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-23, 05:50 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 760 Post(s)
Liked 1,718 Times in 1,004 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
I had a hard time getting the Pirelli P Zero Race TLR SL on my Aeolus Pro 37 rims. Had to use levers.

#weakthumbsrule

The first pair of Pirelli TLR's I had were a little tight going on the Pro 37's as well, but I put them in an old pillow case and threw them in the dryer for about 10 mins to warm up and then they went right on. It was pretty cool out when I was trying to mount them. Everything else has been a breeze.

Last edited by jaxgtr; 01-27-23 at 05:05 AM.
Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 01-26-23, 06:12 PM
phrantic09
Fat n slow

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3252 Post(s)
Liked 2,079 Times in 977 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
I've wondered about this, because I use the airshot without a valve core, so once I remove the hose to put the core back in - the tire goes flat. The beads stay seated, I pop the valve core back in and I just pump it back up with a floor pump.

Just have this fear of my carbon wheels exploding if all 140psi somehow goes blasting into the tire at once. I suppose the reality here is that the tire would just blow off the rim.
The volume of a 28c tire is more than double the 1.15L air shot, so at 140 PSI in the can, you can’t inflate the tire to 72.5- there’s not enough air. When you add in the air that leaks before the tire seats, no risk at all.
Likes For phrantic09:
Old 01-30-23, 02:02 PM
Schlafen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 63 Posts
My favourite tubeless tyre for the past couple years has been Panaracer GravelKing Plus TLC. I can mount this tyre with my bare hands grrr...and a track pump.