Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Mounting a Stasdock in drywall

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Mounting a Stasdock in drywall

Old 08-01-22, 05:55 PM
Pratt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked 498 Times in 295 Posts
I'd endorse Champlaincycler's idea. Alternatively, a piece of 3/4" ply, attractively chamfered on its edges and large enough to span a pair of studs, painted to match the wall, then mount the item to that.
Old 05-28-23, 04:08 PM
chanpo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Toggle anchors worked great

I was in process of finally installing this on my wall, only to find no hardware for my drywall. I used the toggle anchors recommended by Chuck M. Thanks a million! Installed yesterday after a trip to Lowe’s. Came out great and feels solid.
Old 05-28-23, 10:42 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by Pratt
I'd endorse Champlaincycler's idea. Alternatively, a piece of 3/4" ply, attractively chamfered on its edges and large enough to span a pair of studs, painted to match the wall, then mount the item to that.
I'd make a nice-looking board out of veneer plywood or solid wood and finish to your liking, either painted, wall-matching or a nice wood finish. Could do the same with a piece of aluminum or a couple of solid wooden or plywood slats or aluminum bars, one at the top and another at the bottom. Either way, I'd make the size so it would span the studs, but when I mounted the rack on it, it would make an even backing border all around the rack, or in the case of bars, evenly spaced side to side. Nice screws too. (poor rendition, but hopefully conveys an idea.

Last edited by Camilo; 05-28-23 at 10:47 PM.