Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Bremtwood, TN

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from Bremtwood, TN

Old 05-29-22, 10:47 AM
LaserjockTN

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Hello from Bremtwood, TN

Hi all,

Just recently purchased a new Checkpoint ALR5 with the intent of doing some credit card/rail trail touring with my best friend from grad school. Reconnecting after 30 yrs or so. I have always loved the idea of road cycling, not racing but riding for recreation and fitness plus just seeing the landscape and surroundings. I am also organizing a charity bike team with one of my cycling managers in my lab which should be fun.

i am now just working on getting comfortable on the bike and riding some greenways until I find some local club rides on the surrounding roads. Will be looking for folks who can help me learn how to ride in a group and there are some clubs in the area so will be checking that out. Just turned 60 but have been doing powerzone training on my Peloton for about 4 years so can tell it has helped as I am riding 10-20 miles now without much issue…just need to extend that.

Been reading here for a bit and taking in all the experience and advice. Excited about this new journey and looking forward to asking questions and learning as I go.

Thanks…Alan
Old 05-29-22, 11:35 AM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2578 Post(s)
Liked 1,901 Times in 1,193 Posts
If you haven't already, try to hook up with the folks in the Harpeth Valley bike club. I've ridden some brevets with those folks; very nice people and a near encyclopedic knowledge of good (rural) cycling roads.
Likes For pdlamb:
Old 05-29-22, 11:48 AM
LaserjockTN

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by pdlamb
If you haven't already, try to hook up with the folks in the Harpeth Valley bike club. I've ridden some brevets with those folks; very nice people and a near encyclopedic knowledge of good (rural) cycling roads.
They actually are the group I have been following…thanks for the info as I was a bit intimidated as they seem to have a lot of of hardcore roadies LOL.
Old 05-31-22, 01:34 PM
nick9826

Bikes: 1985 Nishiki Continental

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hello from Canada!
Likes For nick9826: