Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know of a decent power bank with an on/off switch?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-22, 04:04 AM
Wallonthefloor

Bikes: All-City Big Block, Giant Bowery, KHS Flite 100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts

Looking for one that doesnt have a button to power some lights on my ride. It must have an on off switch for my specific use case.
Old 12-22-22, 07:15 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3458 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
Would this help?
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+cable+with+switch+on+off
Likes For Tourist in MSN:
Old 12-22-22, 01:27 PM
Wallonthefloor

Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
No, I have an LED customizable light panel and most power banks have only a button to turn on. I have 3 power banks like that and the light panel shuts off within seconds after pressing the button. I have an old power bank with a switch thats on/off instead of a button and the light panel stays on but its a very small battery it only lasts 2-3 hours. Im looking for one with a larger mAh size with a switch.
Old 12-22-22, 02:16 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by Wallonthefloor
No, I have an LED customizable light panel and most power banks have only a button to turn on. I have 3 power banks like that and the light panel shuts off within seconds after pressing the button. I have an old power bank with a switch thats on/off instead of a button and the light panel stays on but its a very small battery it only lasts 2-3 hours. Im looking for one with a larger mAh size with a switch.
your drawing that much power it should stay on. I have this guy and the switch above. but the switch wont turn them on after a bit and I have to push the button on the battery. but the only time the battery wont stay on is on really light loads like my HRM or my apple earbuds.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 12-22-22, 03:04 PM
Wallonthefloor

Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
your drawing that much power it should stay on. I have this guy and the switch above. but the switch wont turn them on after a bit and I have to push the button on the battery. but the only time the battery wont stay on is on really light loads like my HRM or my apple earbuds.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I dont think the LED display draws enough power so it shuts off with these button press type battery banks (I have 3) so Im looking for one with an on off switch the kind that I have which does have a switch and works is probably the "original" power bank I bought in the early 2010's before this era I dont think they were really around at all it was one of the first https://www.asseenontvlive.com/product/solar-juice/ This one works and stays on because it has a sliding on/off switch but the solar panel is a joke and the mAh is small and the battery is old and likely degraded.

Last edited by Wallonthefloor; 12-22-22 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-23-22, 04:56 AM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,963 Times in 1,913 Posts
Nothing conveniently exists. There are banks with different chipsets that have a lower resistance rate that can stay on when there's any draw of current.
idk how you'd find out those from the rest?
Old 12-23-22, 11:08 AM
rlmalisz

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 35 Posts
Most of the smaller Voltaic banks have an "always on" mode. We have one in service for an outdoor rPi powered off solar. The Pi wakes up every three hours for 15 minutes. Other than that, there's zero current draw on the Voltaic. Works great.

--Richard
Old 12-30-22, 10:34 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by Wallonthefloor
Does the company that sold/manufactured the old one with the switch have a newer version with larger capacity?
Old 12-30-22, 07:35 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
fwiw been using this w/ success w/ my camera. if I don't record for a while I have to hit the battery button, then the record button

Anker PowerCore 13000