Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Huffy Nel Lusso coaster brake hub

Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Old 07-15-21, 02:29 PM
MichiganMetzger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any idea if I can swap out the coaster brake assembly by using a Shimano cb-110e assembly kit? Or are all the internals different from one bike maker to another? Thanks
Old 07-16-21, 07:42 AM
rhenning

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 80 Posts
Most likely different. Roger
Old 07-16-21, 09:52 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 841 Times in 586 Posts
Originally Posted by MichiganMetzger
Any idea if I can swap out the coaster brake assembly by using a Shimano cb-110e assembly kit? Or are all the internals different from one bike maker to another? Thanks
Purchase a new rear wheel.
Old 07-17-21, 01:35 AM
Jax Rhapsody
Rhapsodic Laviathan

Bikes: Rideable; 83 Schwinn High Sierra. Two cruiser, bmx bike, one other mtb, three road frames, one citybike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
Purchase a new rear wheel.
This and probably end up with a better wheel. I don't know what those coaster brakes on those Pacific bikes(Pacific owns Huffy, Roadmaster, and any dept store bike not a kent, Or Hyper) are, but they are chinese I'm certain.

I bet if you look at those sites that sell beach cruiser and low rider parts, frames, etc; they'll be selling the same brake, just in chrome. I'm not sure if Shimano makes coasters, just Sturmy Archer and Sun Race(owned by SA) as far as name brand goes. Though apparantly some bikes like the Magaritaville and Panama Jack actually came with 3 or 6 speed hubs, so I don't see why Pacific didn't just use decent coasters. They already splurged on those bikes, and I don't think knock-off IGH's exist.