Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Electra C1’s

Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Electra C1’s

Old 08-20-21, 11:07 AM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 3,067 Times in 1,015 Posts
Electra C1’s

The Beach Cruiser forum has been inactive lately , so I thought I’d post about my Electras .
I’ve been riding my Electra C1’s lately.
I’d forgotten how long and big these bikes are .
With the bullhorn handlebars and a Brooks B-67 saddle , they make a comfortable cruising machine .
I’ve swapped out the rear cog for a 24 tooth that helps with the old knees .
I have a black seatpost on the way for the black C1 .

Likes For OldCruiser:
Old 08-20-21, 03:45 PM
OldCruiser

I invite any owners of Electra C1 or Lux7 cruiser bikes to post pics of your bikes .
Just Electras please .
Show us what you’ve added or changed.
Old 08-21-21, 08:46 PM
OldCruiser

My black seatpost for my Black C1 came yesterday evening and I spent a couple of hours attempting to mount a saddle correctly on it .
Its an inexpensive one but got pretty good reviews.m
The problem is , with any of the five saddles I tried , except for one ; is the lack of adjustment lowering the nose of the saddle , especially with my B67 Brooks . Most adjust out to where the nose is above level . I prefer a slightly low nose on my saddle position.
I tried turn the inner curved plate around , but that didn’t help .
The only saddle I’ve been able to get to setup level is an old Bell MTB saddle.
I’ve ordered a straight black seatpost to allow me to use a seat clamp . The one with nuts on both sides that slides onto a tapered end seatpost .
I rode both of C1’s today for a total of 8.8 miles and my knees seem to be getting better . I think saddle position and height was my problem before .

Old 08-21-21, 10:12 PM
SkinGriz
Live not by lies.

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 784 Times in 582 Posts
Good you’re getting it figured out. I’ve only ever used the type of saddle that has the 2 rails and the for aft is clamped in the rail holders that are also the tilt half circles.

I need 2 better saddles for 2 bikes.
Old 08-22-21, 01:54 AM
JehD

Bikes: 1981 Bertin C34 - 2020 Electra Cruiser 7D - 2021 Mongoose Dolomite ALX

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 131 Times in 86 Posts
I'll have to give it a wipe down and take a few pics. I stole the B135 off my 7D and swapped in a B33 with the double strand coils, added a brooks black Challenge Saddle bag,some black and silver BMX bear trap pedals and some Brooks plumpy grips. Also replaced the grip shft with 7 spd rapifire and a 11-34 megarange.

I need to get busy.

Side note. The B33 is AMAZING. A little squeaky buy im sue some soap will handle it.
Likes For JehD:
Old 08-22-21, 05:24 AM
C.corri

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

I took a cruiser 7 and switched it to a 9 speed, with 700c x 32 wheels. Created a fun cruiser that can go over small hills.
Old 08-22-21, 11:12 AM
OldCruiser

I continue to change things on my C1’s to try to make them the best riding and good looking bikes I can make them.
Today , they got new tires .
I was a fan of my Maxxis Hookworms 26x2.5’s but they are heavy tires , almost 3 pounds each . I switched over to Michelin Protek 26x1.85 .
I ordered black tires , but got the ones with the reflective stripe . I can live with it .
I like ride of the new tires and can feel the difference in pedaling effort . This will help me climb hills and accelerate quicker .
I also found a saddle that works for me . Planet Bike ARS Standard . I don’t like the advertisement painted all around the saddle, but again I can live with it . Function and comfort over looks .
I swapped the wheels on the Bark Brown C1 to a set of green anodized .

Old 08-27-21, 05:22 PM
OldCruiser

Swapped the wheels and tires on the Matt Bark C1 today .
I think I prefer the red rims with the brown .

Likes For OldCruiser:
Old 08-29-21, 01:09 PM
Erider 

Bikes: Full Dynamix MTB, Electra Lux 7D Cruiser

Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Some nice Electra's there.

I've got one to share, but unfortunately I don't have enough posts yet to attach pics. Soon.
Likes For Erider:
Old 08-31-21, 11:57 AM
Erider 

Bikes: Full Dynamix MTB, Electra Lux 7D Cruiser

Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Here's one I built 7 years ago. It was bone stock when I got it, fenders and all.

The pic is really old... I went back to the stock café bars, but otherwise the bike hasn't changed over the years. It has just been fun, solid ride.

I did just order some parts to refresh the look: new seat post, clamp, saddle, handlebar, grips, cranks, and seat post bag. When I get them on the bike I'll take a new pic.

I'm also considering some major upgrades like rims, fork, disc brakes, and IGH. I want to at least put a disc on the rear wheel, and maybe the front as well. Though I kinda like the look of the front wheel as is, I think a disc looks out of place on most cruisers. But the bike is capable of good speed, and I do live in a hilly area, so a brake upgrade wouldn't go to waste.

Likes For Erider:
Old 08-31-21, 03:40 PM
OldCruiser

Originally Posted by Erider
Here's one I built 7 years ago. It was bone stock when I got it, fenders and all.

The pic is really old... I went back to the stock café bars, but otherwise the bike hasn't changed over the years. It has just been fun, solid ride.

I did just order some parts to refresh the look: new seat post, clamp, saddle, handlebar, grips, cranks, and seat post bag. When I get them on the bike I'll take a new pic.

I'm also considering some major upgrades like rims, fork, disc brakes, and IGH. I want to at least put a disc on the rear wheel, and maybe the front as well. Though I kinda like the look of the front wheel as is, I think a disc looks out of place on most cruisers. But the bike is capable of good speed, and I do live in a hilly area, so a brake upgrade wouldn't go to waste.

Nice looking Cruiser !
Likes For OldCruiser: