Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Is this wheel something that's available ??

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-21, 05:00 PM
magicpie55

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Hello , Been looking for a new rear wheel for my bike ...26 inch "or 559" X around 25mm inside width .. A strong aluminum or alloy something like the cliffhanger ..not steel .. Rim Brakes ..Freewheel 7 speed gear set .. 9/16 Axle and sealed Bearings ...I cannot seem to find this Combination ...Trying to upgrade the bike i turned into an electric bike with Front 1000 watt motor .. I have wider ebike tires and they barely fit the 19mm wheel ..also would like to upgrade from ball and cone bearing technology .
Thanks for any advise you can give ...
Old 11-09-21, 05:21 PM
wesmamyke

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 76 Posts
I'm not sure anything with multiple speeds is available with a 9/16"(14mm) axle. Besides the slotted axles on hub motors that is pretty much only a BMX bike thing.

I actually have a very weird frame that could use a 14mm x 135mm hub. The only thing even close is a Profile cassette hub with 14mm stepped adapter bolts, but it's several hundred dollars for the just the hub.
Likes For wesmamyke:
Old 11-09-21, 06:07 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 3871 Post(s)
Liked 2,568 Times in 1,579 Posts
Learn how to build wheels, and anything possible... is available.
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498
Likes For ThermionicScott:
Old 11-09-21, 06:13 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,822 Times in 1,541 Posts
as always pictures will help

and ain't nothing wrong with cup and cone..... Shimano uses in their very highest group Dura Ace wheels

Likes For squirtdad:
Old 11-09-21, 06:45 PM
magicpie55

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Thanks for the reply .. I am just learning ..been riding this bike about 50 miles a week for 2 years ..chain and freewheel was shot and I noticed the bearings were rough while the wheel was off ..The cones were shot ..It did last 2 years with my fat ass and a battery on the back .. Just thinking about an upgrade ..the tire I use barely fits the stock rim .. I'm sorta thinking this wheel is the weak point ..But it has lasted 2 years with no problems ..I have new cones and bearings and it's working fine again ..fully packed with grease .. .********** Thanks for any Advice you Can Give Me ..Don
Old 11-09-21, 06:47 PM
magicpie55

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Isn't that weird 10mm axle ..I measured 10 times as I was looking for new cones while wheel was apart ..The Electra Dealer had them and gave them to me ...after days of searching on line for them ..