Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Bright front light that mounts on aero road bars?

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Bright front light that mounts on aero road bars?

Old 10-26-21, 08:29 AM
Djoisan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I understand you very well. I also have a bike, and I love riding it, especially on nights. The only problem is the light on aero road bars. I`ve been searching for this type of light for weeks, even months, and I didn`t find anything. It is very dangerous to ride a bike at night without a light.
Old 04-14-22, 06:14 AM
zachfromkc

Bikes: Late 80's Univega Arrowpace (Road) ; Early 70's Clara (Gravel Convert)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
For bars with a conventional stem, I've been using this inexpensive one that I got on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SSXGZ1H I've got it holding a Cycliq Fly12, which is a pretty heavy light/camera combo.

Edit - this is it with my EC70s -

Do the Wahoo plates also work with Garmin computers or do I need to replace the plate with a Garmin specific one?
Old 04-14-22, 06:22 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20802 Post(s)
Liked 9,448 Times in 4,666 Posts
Originally Posted by zachfromkc
Do the Wahoo plates also work with Garmin computers or do I need to replace the plate with a Garmin specific one?
Both versions are available from that manufacturer, that said...

The plates are the same, but turned 90⁰ from one another, so either would mount sideways on the opposite mount. I moved from Wahoo over to Garmin since buying the pictured mount, and was able to unscrew, turn and remount the adapter plate to accommodate my 530 - the mount had appropriate threadings and the screws were just long enough (and I used thread locker for extra peace of mind).