Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

What Did You Do To Your Bike Today?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

What Did You Do To Your Bike Today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-21, 09:29 PM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked 1,384 Times in 708 Posts
yesterday i changed my rear cassette, driver, chain ring, and took two links out of the chain. cleaned and lubed the chain. the new gearing really suits me, and at least in my mind i think i can feel the difference that 250g less rotating mass made. today i got a bunch of PRs

Likes For mschwett:
Old 09-25-21, 04:02 PM
kahn

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 396 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
After changing decades worth of removing and mounting tires, tried and epically failed to break the bead on the rear tire of my wife’s Specialized Como e-bike. Spent 30 mins fruitlessly trying to get it to budge. Tried every tool I had and no love. Took it to a LBS and they had it off in 2 minutes using brute strength.
And if you had succeeded, you probably would still be trying to remount that tire!!!
Likes For kahn:
Old 09-25-21, 10:35 PM
Leinster

Bikes: MBK Super Mirage 1991, CAAD10, Yuba Mundo Lux, and a Cannondale Criterium Single Speed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 297 Times in 207 Posts
I rode it up a hill in the morning.

Then in the afternoon I cleaned it and regreased the front hub.
Likes For Leinster:
Old 09-26-21, 01:39 PM
kahn

Originally Posted by Leinster
I rode it up a hill in the morning.

Then in the afternoon I cleaned it and regreased the front hub.
Was it hard cleaning the hill? (sorry, could not resist)
Likes For kahn:
Old 10-03-21, 11:01 AM
mschwett 

it was new wheel day friday!! and new tires, of course, went tubeless... fingers crossed.

Likes For mschwett:
Old 10-03-21, 01:21 PM
ofajen
Cheerfully low end

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 1,044 Times in 667 Posts
A new tire on Friday for the RockHopper! Sporting a new Speed King on the rear wheel in this picture. The other rear wheel has a Race King like the front. When it gets muddier this winter, I’ll run Race Kings front and rear.

Otto
Old 10-03-21, 03:32 PM
Flatforkcrown

Bikes: N+1

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 419 Times in 159 Posts

Fit a carbon seatpost I found at the co-op. For $10, why not? Also removed the zertz insert after reading that it’s not structural, or especially functional.
Old 10-04-21, 06:46 PM
SkinGriz
Live not by lies.

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 784 Times in 582 Posts
I rode it.
Old 10-05-21, 08:24 AM
Flatforkcrown

Bikes: N+1

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 419 Times in 159 Posts

I looked at it and thought about how lucky I am to have a bike this nice.
Likes For Flatforkcrown:
Old 10-05-21, 09:47 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Quoted: 2571 Post(s)
Liked 5,602 Times in 2,907 Posts
Added new fenders to my 88 Bianchi Campione del Mundo. Had to modify both fenders to make them work - took a bit of nip and tuck. When finished, took it out for a late afternoon spin - half in the rain. Don’t axe me which half.

And yes Alice, his garage is a mess - and ignore the alien hair - my wife is drying onions.

Last edited by rsbob; 10-05-21 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Need to add more obfuscation
Likes For rsbob:
Old 10-08-21, 10:31 AM
Vismund B

Bikes: An old Panasonic Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts

Brought it on the subway after I got a flat in the rear.
Likes For Vismund B:
Old 10-08-21, 08:52 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,720 Times in 1,004 Posts
installed a BBInfinite T47 1 piece Bottom Bracket and set of BBInfiinte 12/14 pulley set on my Domane. I also put some BBInfinite 12/14 pulleys on my Emonda.

Old 10-10-21, 02:23 PM
Lazyass

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 2432 Post(s)
Liked 638 Times in 395 Posts
Finally replaced the original Tiagra/105 9 speed group and wheels on my old '07 Raleigh CX.

Pieced together a Rival 22 mini group on ebay and bought the Blackset Race 24 wheels from Bicycle Wheel Warehouse. I already had those Race Face Cadence cranks. Dropped about 2lbs. First time with a SRAM road group, have to get used to the shifting but I like it more than Shimano.

Likes For Lazyass:
Old 10-10-21, 04:56 PM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 370 Times in 256 Posts
Originally Posted by CyclesNWeights7
if I would have known the winners were getting cookies I would have participated…..
Crap.

My family's Norwegian Spice Cookies...
Likes For Cougrrcj:
Old 10-10-21, 05:18 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3657 Post(s)
Liked 5,393 Times in 2,738 Posts
With the hope of freeing up garage space, I hung one bike from a hook in the furnace room. No pics yet, sorry.
Old 10-10-21, 08:31 PM
mschwett 

today i activated gravel mode on my road bike. wheelset 1: roval terra clx, 32mm gp5000 tubeless. wheelset 2: original dt swiss r470, reneherse 42mm hurricane ridge knobbies. got matching rotors, cassette, lockrings, etc so that the swap should involve as little mis/re-alignment as possible. also pulled off the speedplay pedals to put some basic platforms on there - i don't want to be clipped in while exploring random rocky dirt paths at low speed. took a 30 mile / 3,100 foot vert test ride today, about half on dirt and gravel. lots of fun, but i'm definitely a roadie at heart. great to have options though.

Likes For mschwett:
Old 10-10-21, 09:25 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Quoted: 2571 Post(s)
Liked 5,602 Times in 2,907 Posts
Double wrapped the top of the drops for better and cushier grip. Adjusted the new Selle seat on the half bubble from level. Then Zwifted 20 miles due to rain.

Old 10-10-21, 10:59 PM
gecho

Bikes: 2009 Trek 520

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 130 Posts
Some pre-season maintenance on the fat bike today. Put a saddle on it that gets shared with a summer bike. Lowered the seatpost to summer shoe height as I don't need my boots yet. Unseized the front brake caliper and cleaned copper corrosion off the pads. Fiddled with the rear derailleur. Having the clutch turned on makes it more difficult to shift into the last few gears on my pie plate cassette, so I'll try leaving it off.

Tires didn't lose much air sitting idle since the start of March.
Old 10-16-21, 06:13 AM
M Rose

Bikes: 2021 Trek Verve 2 Disk

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 80 Posts
Originally Posted by M Rose
well cops came about ten minutes after I posted. Nothing they could do other than take a statement. The officer suggested I get some game cameras and set them up in hopes of catching the perp in the act. So I have two trail cameras on order and should be here on Friday.

in the mean time i have the bikes chained to a telephone pole with everything removed that I can remove.
well they cam by about 3:30 AM this morning and took it… my trial cameras are
on back order… damn the supply chain.

Has anyone filed a claim with Kryptonite bike locks?
Old 10-17-21, 01:27 AM
M Rose

Update to the last post, the police were able to recover most of my beloved… no damage
to the frame, gear set, forks, handlebars, seat, brakes that I can tell… only missing my wheels and tires…

my pup had to reassure it that it would be safe inside for the night.

Monday I am going to the LBS and see about getting new wheels and tires (again).

I want to give a huge SHOUT OUT to the LGPD and officer Cole for their hard work and dedication to help bring my bike back to me… I thought it was going to be gone forever.
Likes For M Rose:
Old 10-17-21, 04:55 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3657 Post(s)
Liked 5,393 Times in 2,738 Posts
Yesterday I rode the poor thing through a bunch of Amish horse poop. Today may involve some cleaning. If I can get the Smell-O-Vision app working, I'll post for the enjoyment of all.
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 10-17-21, 12:12 PM
kahn

Update to the last post, the police were able to recover most of my beloved… no damage
to the frame, gear set, forks, handlebars, seat, brakes that I can tell… only missing my wheels and tires…

my pup had to reassure it that it would be safe inside for the night.

Monday I am going to the LBS and see about getting new wheels and tires (again).

I want to give a huge SHOUT OUT to the LGPD and officer Cole for their hard work and dedication to help bring my bike back to me… I thought it was going to be gone forever.
Is that La Grand? Makes me feel a bit less psycho. A few years back on the way to Sun Valley for cross-country skiing we spent the night at a friend's house there. Suitcases, packs and multiple sets of skis all schlepped into the house and out the next morning since I was concerned about theft!

Obviously, the bike thief(s) have you staked out. Replace the stuff, lock it outside and rip it off again. Good luck getting it re-equipped.
Old 10-17-21, 03:06 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
With the hope of freeing up garage space, I hung one bike from a hook in the furnace room. No pics yet, sorry.
Watch out for deterioration of tires, tubes and any other butyl/rubber items on the bike due to the ozone from the furnace.

Cheers
Likes For Miele Man:
Old 10-17-21, 03:51 PM
M Rose

Originally Posted by kahn
Is that La Grand? Makes me feel a bit less psycho. A few years back on the way to Sun Valley for cross-country skiing we spent the night at a friend's house there. Suitcases, packs and multiple sets of skis all schlepped into the house and out the next morning since I was concerned about theft!

Obviously, the bike thief(s) have you staked out. Replace the stuff, lock it outside and rip it off again. Good luck getting it re-equipped.
Yes this is in La Grande… unfortunately I live half a block from where all the homeless people congregate at night. The police have a pretty good idea of who took my bike. And yes they have been casing mine and my neighbor’s place for a bout a month, if not longer.

I talked to my neighbor today, she and I are going to build a fence to fence in our two lots to form one large yard for our dogs, and to help keep the homeless traffic out. Along with that I have called a security company to come in and set up a system with full 360 degree coverage of our two properties. The final part of my security upgrade is adding a custom built bicycle rack that will be full of concrete and have the ability to lock the front and rear tires along with the fork and main frame. One simple locking device for up to 4, maybe six bikes…. When I say simple… I mean simple to use, not simple to build, or easy for a thief to get through.
Likes For M Rose:
Old 10-17-21, 06:37 PM
kahn

Yes this is in La Grande… unfortunately I live half a block from where all the homeless people congregate at night. The police have a pretty good idea of who took my bike. And yes they have been casing mine and my neighbor’s place for a bout a month, if not longer.

I talked to my neighbor today, she and I are going to build a fence to fence in our two lots to form one large yard for our dogs, and to help keep the homeless traffic out. Along with that I have called a security company to come in and set up a system with full 360 degree coverage of our two properties. The final part of my security upgrade is adding a custom built bicycle rack that will be full of concrete and have the ability to lock the front and rear tires along with the fork and main frame. One simple locking device for up to 4, maybe six bikes…. When I say simple… I mean simple to use, not simple to build, or easy for a thief to get through.
Although, I'm always afraid that too much security and the thief feels if they can't have it, the owner can't either and vandalized the property. Good luck with the project.
Likes For kahn:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.