Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bikeforums.net party video

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-22, 10:13 AM
jjhabbs 

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked 1,058 Times in 262 Posts

Hey guys,
I started a new thread. Hoping this would inspire some of you to come out in the spring for the next party and ride. Check it out.

Old 02-19-22, 10:45 AM
Sprocket Turner

Bikes: '73 Mondia Special, '73 Frejus TDF, '84 Gitane Rallye Tandem, '85 Trek (Custom) 660, 85/86 Gitane Professional, and a few more!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Thank you again John for being such an outstanding host and the follow-up video. Outstanding bikes with awesome people. I don't think it gets much better than that.
Likes For Sprocket Turner:
Old 02-19-22, 10:54 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2927 Post(s)
Liked 2,922 Times in 1,490 Posts
Great video. Sorry I missed the party. I’ll be looking forward to the spring gathering.

it looked like a ‘93 SBX frame on that track bike. They didn’t really have a model name

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 02-19-22 at 10:58 AM.
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 02-19-22, 07:28 PM
old's'cool
curmudgineer

Bikes: 2 many 2 fit here

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 70 Posts
Thanks again for your kind hospitality and great organizing/hosting efforts... Looking forward to the next event!
Likes For old's'cool:
Old 02-20-22, 02:29 AM
microcord

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 52 Posts
I'd love to join your proposed ride, jjhabbs ; but in such company I might be ashamed of my mixed-up, plebeian bike (not to mention my C+V ignorance), and far more decisively I only join rides that start 50 km or so from home whereas yours would start 10,000 km away. Oh well.

Still, I have a little suggestion. How about a ride report some time for your spiffy, 96-spoked Jack Taylor?

Ideally this should be a world tour. (As it happens, I'm now reading and enjoying Fred A Birchmore's Around the World on a Bicycle -- a heavier bike than your Jack Taylor, and with greatly inferior braking -- so such rides are on my mind.) But it's not a good time for one -- and I'd happily settle for a report on a 50 km jaunt. Any time!
Likes For microcord:
Old 02-20-22, 01:47 PM
jjhabbs 

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked 1,058 Times in 262 Posts
Originally Posted by microcord
I'd love to join your proposed ride, jjhabbs ; but in such company I might be ashamed of my mixed-up, plebeian bike (not to mention my C+V ignorance), and far more decisively I only join rides that start 50 km or so from home whereas yours would start 10,000 km away. Oh well.

Still, I have a little suggestion. How about a ride report some time for your spiffy, 96-spoked Jack Taylor?

Ideally this should be a world tour. (As it happens, I'm now reading and enjoying Fred A Birchmore's Around the World on a Bicycle -- a heavier bike than your Jack Taylor, and with greatly inferior braking -- so such rides are on my mind.) But it's not a good time for one -- and I'd happily settle for a report on a 50 km jaunt. Any time!
Hey Hey,
It doesnt matter what your riding. Everyone is welcome. Im actually thinking of doing a three day tour with the Jack Taylor and doing a video or two on it. I cant wait to get that bike right and running!

God Bless

John