Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Framebuilders
Reload this Page >

BB Shells For Sale - and other misc. items

Notices
Framebuilders Thinking about a custom frame? Lugged vs Fillet Brazed. Different Frame materials? Newvex or Pacenti Lugs? why get a custom Road, Mountain, or Track Frame? Got a question about framebuilding? Lets discuss framebuilding at it's finest.

Old 03-12-22, 08:53 AM
KPacenti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts

I found a stash of my first generation 22.2 BB shells that I’ll be offering for sale next week.

The first generation of this design is easily identifiable by the windows in the seat tube and down tube sockets, and the very crisp fillets between the sockets and the shell. The small fillets were intended to eliminate nearly all pre-building clean up.

I designed this shell specifically for maximum tire clearance when used with straight, fully round 22.2mm chainstays. The resulting geometry required no dimpling for tires, and just a very slight dimple for the inner chainring of a traditional double 39/53 crankset.

The good news is that these shells also work exceedingly well with pre-bent 22.2 stays, like the / Kaisei Rene Herse randonneuring chainstays, as shown in the shop pictures.

Like all my shells, the geometry was intended for those who prefer lots of drop (low bottom bracket height), but works perfectly well with more traditional road racing geometries, too.

The shells will sell for $35.00 each, or $25.00 each for five or more, plus shipping costs. Contact – kirk.pacenti@outlook.com to purchase.

• DT = 31.8mm
• ST = 28.6mm
• CS = 22.2mm

I have a bunch of my second generation Artisan fork crowns - $15.00 each, or $10.00 each for 5 or more.

Also the original Rivendell lugs - $75.00 per set.

Oh, and don’t forget about the matching 19 x 25 “All You Need is Lugs” poster! (Press Operator not included)

Old 03-12-22, 08:00 PM
Tandem Tom

Bikes: 1992 Serotta Colorado II,Co-Motion Speedster, Giant Escape Hybrid, 1977 Schwinn Super Le Tour

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 85 Posts
A really novice here. I took Doug Fattic's class a few years ago now I just built my wife's mixte. I used the RH BB because of the 10 degree CS angle per Doug's suggestion to fit 38 mm tires. I see you have an 8 degree. Is the pic with the rule this BB? Can't tell from the pic if the inside is dimpled.
Start to gather the bits for my next build a mixte for myself.
Thanks!
Old 03-13-22, 06:40 AM
KPacenti

Originally Posted by Tandem Tom
A really novice here. I took Doug Fattic's class a few years ago now I just built my wife's mixte. I used the RH BB because of the 10 degree CS angle per Doug's suggestion to fit 38 mm tires. I see you have an 8 degree. Is the pic with the rule this BB? Can't tell from the pic if the inside is dimpled.
Start to gather the bits for my next build a mixte for myself.
Thanks!
Tom,

Yes, the picture with the ruler is the BB I am selling.

The chainstay ports in my BB shell are 8*, but they are each also set 1.5mm wider than the RH shell (RH = 15.5mm / PCD = 17mm). The results are nearly identical were it counts, at the tire.

The chainstays in the picture are the RH / Kaisei pre-bent randonneuring chainstay. When these are bent, they also get a little bit flattened at the bend. Not quite a 'dimple', but certainly not round at that section.

If you have any further questions, shoot me an email - kirk.pacenti@outlook.com

Best regards,
Kirk Pacenti
Likes For KPacenti:
Old 03-13-22, 08:30 AM
8aaron8

Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Having used these BB shells several times I must say I don't think there exists a nicer, better suited shell for modern frame building.
Likes For 8aaron8:
Old 03-13-22, 01:18 PM
Nessism
Banned.

Bikes: Homebuilt steel

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 337 Posts
Count me IN!

https://www.renehersecycles.com/shop...s-curved-pair/

I'm not familiar with these stays. .7mm, .8mm, 1.0mm. .8mm for a general purpose frame for an old guy? What kind of tire clearance can one expect?
Old 03-13-22, 01:22 PM
KPacenti

Originally Posted by Nessism
Count me IN!

https://www.renehersecycles.com/shop...s-curved-pair/

I'm not familiar with these stays. .7mm, .8mm, 1.0mm. .8mm for a general purpose frame for an old guy? What kind of tire clearance can one expect?
Nessism,

Yes, .8mm would work well for general purpose riding.

Clearance in the ~54mm range.
Old 03-13-22, 03:05 PM
Tandem Tom

Bikes: 1992 Serotta Colorado II,Co-Motion Speedster, Giant Escape Hybrid, 1977 Schwinn Super Le Tour

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 85 Posts
I got one!!,
Likes For Tandem Tom:
Old 03-21-22, 07:31 PM
Nessism
Banned.

BB shell and fork crown received! Thanks Kirk!
Love the bonus lug button and stickers too!

I'm off to buy the chain stays now. I don't need another bike, but since when does that stop us?
Likes For Nessism:
Old 03-22-22, 08:13 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Quoted: 4194 Post(s)
Liked 3,837 Times in 2,295 Posts
I got mine today. I love the button and stickers too. Andy
Old 04-02-22, 08:55 AM
Nessism
Banned.

Ordered the chain stays on 3/21 and shipped today. You can't be in a hurry when dealing with these guys...https://www.renehersecycles.com/shop...s-curved-pair/
Old 04-03-22, 11:33 AM
KPacenti

Originally Posted by Nessism
Ordered the chain stays on 3/21 and shipped today. You can't be in a hurry when dealing with these guys...https://www.renehersecycles.com/shop...s-curved-pair/
Let me know how they work with the BB shell. So far, all reports I've had from other builders with this combination has been positive.
Old 04-16-22, 06:11 AM
KPacenti

I am down to just 40 crowns, 50 shells and about 75 lug sets. These have sold much better than I anticipated...

Feel free to email me directly at kirk.pacenti@outlook.com to purchase parts while they're available.

Best regards,
Kirk Pacenti
Old 07-04-22, 08:40 AM
KPacenti

Last of my inventory -

I am down to the last 40 of these BB shells, fork crowns and @Rivbike lug sets. With that in mind I am offering a special price on a combined lug / crown / bb shell purchase of $100.00. (shipping fees not included). Though the DT lug is designed for a 28.6 down-tube and the BB is designed for a 31.8 down-tube, the parts pair perfectly with the @Columbus_official Life down-tube available at @metalgurunation. The combination is quite elegant! Use the email address in my bio to purchase.

This is the first generation of my BB shell design, easily identifiable by the windows in the seat-tube and down-tube sockets, and the very crisp fillets between the sockets and the shell. The small fillets were intended to eliminate nearly all pre-building clean up.

I designed this shell specifically for maximum tire clearance when used with straight, fully round 22.2mm chainstays. The resulting geometry required no dimpling for tires, and just a very slight dimple for the inner chainring of a traditional double 39/53 crankset.

The good news is that these shells also work exceedingly well with pre-bent 22.2 stays, like the
@reneherse Kaisei randonneuring chainstays; allowing about 54mm of tire / fender clearance.

Like all my shells, the geometry was intended for those who prefer lots of drop (low bottom bracket height), but works perfectly well with more traditional road racing geometries, too.

• DT = 31.8mm
• ST = 28.6mm
• CS = 22.2mm

The Rivendell lug sets for sale. Not quite ephemera in the traditional sense, but a great bit of recent bicycle history. Perfect for the bicycle collector, Rivendell fan, professional framebuilder and hobbyist alike. All the main tubes are 28.6 with a 31.8 headtube (1” steer tube). The geometry is roughly -

• HT - 31.8 x 28.6 x 73*
• DT - 31.8 x 28.6 x 59*
• ST - 28.6 x 28.6 x 73*

And finally, the crowns are the 2nd generation of my Artisan crown. They a pretty svelto 126g, but with plenty of material on the sockets to modify and / or match the look of the Rivendell lugs.

They are made for 1" steer tubes and 28 x 20 'continental' fork blades. Not very wide by today's standards, but with 42mm between the tangs, still quite accommodating for fat-ish tires.