Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Experience dealing with Denton Coetzee of Easy Racers

Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Old 05-03-22, 09:10 PM
bunny688

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thirteen months ago I put a $1,000 deposit on a fold rush. After 5 months of waiting for the bike, I asked for my deposit back. Denton agreed to give it back. I've been waiting 8 months for him to send me the deposit and he still hasn't sent it.
Old 05-04-22, 07:42 AM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 179 Posts
You could try filing a complaint with the California Department of Consumer Protection. Easy Racers is a California company and thus under the regulation of the state. California has an online complaint form here: https://www.dca.ca.gov/consumers/complaints/index.shtml

Maybe if they find out you are raising a stink with the state, that will help get your money back. I've used a similar tactic with a major financial firm that refused for months to transfer a 401K to a different company. Filed complaints with the state and the feds after months of hassling with the original firm and got it moved rather quickly. Most firms would rather not deal with these agencies.
Old 05-04-22, 08:44 AM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1511 Post(s)
Liked 733 Times in 454 Posts
Unfortunately, EasyRacers isn't what it once was. I'm surprised they're even in business. Since Denton took over there have been constant similar complaints. I'm pretty sure that everyone over on Bentrideronline have written him off completely.
Old 05-04-22, 04:05 PM
Steamer
Zircon Encrusted Tweezers

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked 127 Times in 82 Posts
I am genuinely surprised anyone would give him money. His malfeasance is well known.
Old 05-04-22, 07:23 PM
bunny688

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasTriker
You could try filing a complaint with the California Department of Consumer Protection. Easy Racers is a California company and thus under the regulation of the state.

Maybe if they find out you are raising a stink with the state, that will help get your money back. I've used a similar tactic with a major financial firm that refused for months to transfer a 401K to a different company. Filed complaints with the state and the feds after months of hassling with the original firm and got it moved rather quickly. Most firms would rather not deal with these agencies.
Thanks for the tip. I just filed a complaint with them.
Old 05-31-22, 09:17 AM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1511 Post(s)
Liked 733 Times in 454 Posts
In the late 90s when I got into recumbents, our club had over a hundred recumbent owners. Of those, at least 90 of them owned an EasyRacers product, either a TourEasy or a Gold Rush. Later when the Ti-Rush became available, quite a few upgraded. The popularity of long wheelbase bikes was waning when Gardner Martin unfortunately passed, but EasyRacers was still going strong by most accounts. I remember thatat one point 'Fast Freddy' Markham was trying to get control, but somehow Denton ended up in the driver's seat. We'll never know how well Freddy would have done to preserve the legacy, but he couldn't have possibly done worse than Denton.