Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Ride Videos

Old 05-22-22, 07:17 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5218 Post(s)
Liked 3,564 Times in 2,331 Posts
wow, a cpl of those look like illustrations at the end. well done! how were the temps?
Old 05-23-22, 06:42 AM
onekgguy
Retired

Bikes: Collage Super, Eisentraut Ltd, Sarma Shaman (fatty), Giant Revolt Advanced 0 (gravel), Orbea Oiz M20 (mtb)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
wow, a cpl of those look like illustrations at the end. well done! how were the temps?
Thanks! The temp was 44º to start and eventually crept up to 53º. A little on the cool side but the bigger problem was the wind which at times was approaching 20 mph and mostly a headwind on the return. My quads were ready to call it a day when we finished. Our friend snapped his rear derailleur cable at the 40 mile mark and had to turn back for home. He was able to adjust the limit screw on it to jump it up a couple of cogs but that was all.

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy:
Old 05-23-22, 07:35 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Originally Posted by onekgguy
Thanks! The temp was 44º to start and eventually crept up to 53º. A little on the cool side but the bigger problem was the wind which at times was approaching 20 mph and mostly a headwind on the return. My quads were ready to call it a day when we finished. Our friend snapped his rear derailleur cable at the 40 mile mark and had to turn back for home. He was able to adjust the limit screw on it to jump it up a couple of cogs but that was all
oh man at the end of very long rides I have t keep myself from staring at the computer counting down the miles, riding into wind sounds especially tuff
Old 05-23-22, 12:59 PM
onekgguy
Retired

Bikes: Collage Super, Eisentraut Ltd, Sarma Shaman (fatty), Giant Revolt Advanced 0 (gravel), Orbea Oiz M20 (mtb)

oh man at the end of very long rides I have t keep myself from staring at the computer counting down the miles, riding into wind sounds especially tuff
We went out at a manageable pace so we'd more likely be passing riders rather than being passed in the final hours of the ride, and that's how it worked out. I hear you...I found myself counting down the miles as well, ticking them off in segments of 5 miles.

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy:
Old 05-23-22, 01:19 PM
partyanimal

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by capejohn
onekgguy: I was a regular at the forums until I retired.
rumrunn6 and I have been friends here for years.
Videos is my new hobby and I ride along on bike events recording.
I was a regular on Critical Mass rides in Providence R.I. CM is no longer necessary and has morphed into Providence bike jam. Turnout has been growing annually for this 3rd Friday of every month social ride. For example
https://youtu.be/BMAHvvnF4UU
This looks awesome, my friend participates in the Baltimore Bike parties every month and I've been trying to get some momentum to do something similar here in Hartford. I'm close enough I may have to make it out for one of these.
Old 05-23-22, 06:24 PM
capejohn

Bikes: Giant easy e, Priority Onyx, Scott Sub 40, Marin Belvedere Commuter

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 31 Posts
When in Amsterdam..

Last edited by capejohn; 08-25-22 at 05:17 PM.
Likes For capejohn:
Old 06-02-22, 06:43 PM
capejohn

Some biking, some walking in Paris.

Likes For capejohn:
Old 06-06-22, 01:58 PM
capejohn

Critical Mass has morphed into Providence Bike Jam in R.I. The third Friday of every month, young and old riders gather at Burnside Park in the center of the city. The rides are normally around 10 miles at a casual pace. Stops alternate at various parks for city park dance parties. Every month has a themed ride and most costume up for the event. I ride as many as I can because they are such a hoot. And I also enjoy being the videographer.

Likes For capejohn:
Old 06-11-22, 06:33 AM
onekgguy
Retired

Jordan Loop and More

To date, light winds have been in short supply this spring and early summer in Minnesota. Yesterday was a welcomed exception.

Kevin g

​​​​​​​
Likes For onekgguy:
Old 06-17-22, 05:17 AM
rumrunn6

nice snapper!
Likes For rumrunn6:
Old 06-29-22, 02:55 PM
capejohn

Bike Bits is a compilation of a week of biking. I usually ride along bike events filming. They have been at a premium lately but are making a return. In the meantime, I make a video of thing I see on my daily rides.

Likes For capejohn:
Old 07-01-22, 06:53 AM
onekgguy
Retired

No Particular Place to Be

I went out yesterday in search of gravel roads I've not yet ridden. My Wandrer app makes this very easy to do by highlighting in red on my Garmin's map view any roads I've yet to ride. I found nearly 20 miles (32 km) worth of new-to-me gravel roads. My quest to find more continues!

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 07-02-22, 01:52 PM
capejohn

Newly formed Bike New Bedford had their inaugural first Friday bike ride. Three ice cream shops were the highlights on this ride through the city and around the peninsula of Clarks Cove and Buzzards Bay. A stiff southerly wind provided a bit of a challenge as we began the loop “around the fort”. Fort Rodman/Fort Taber sit at the southern end of the peninsula with nothing to intercept the winds blowing off the Atlantic. The silver lining for the three of us riding our e-bikes, was none of us noticed any wind, or hills, for that matter.

Likes For capejohn:
Old 07-09-22, 12:06 AM
onekgguy
Retired

River Bottoms, Long Overdue!

I messed up. I was supposed to ride with some friends on Friday morning on our gravel bikes from Northfield to Wanamingo but when I went to bed last night, I thought it was still Wednesday! I missed the ride. That's the suckiest thing about retirement—forgetting what day of the week it is. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I opted to jump on my mountain bike instead and head for the river bottoms. It was a long overdue trip to the river trails! Come on along!

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 07-09-22, 08:02 AM
rumrunn6

wow that vegetation sprung up, eh? that high angle composition w/ the distant kayaker at approx. 7min is wild & deceptive. looks like you're a giant among little ppl! love the end w/ the washing bit! ending w/ stills is a good way to add scenes w/o adding so much time to the overall length. is that your bike on the "ferry"?
Old 07-09-22, 09:07 AM
onekgguy
Retired

wow that vegetation sprung up, eh? that high angle composition w/ the distant kayaker at approx. 7min is wild & deceptive. looks like you're a giant among little ppl! love the end w/ the washing bit! ending w/ stills is a good way to add scenes w/o adding so much time to the overall length. is that your bike on the "ferry"?
Thank you! My bike was a muddy mess when I got it home. I probably should've included before-and-after photos of it. No, the bikes on the raft were a mother and her young son's bikes. She had helped him climb up out of the river banks before going back down to bring their bikes up. Yeah, I like adding a few photos at the end just for fun.

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy:
Old 07-10-22, 08:22 PM
capejohn

After many years, the new section of Rail Trail in Mattapoisett MA opened. I knew it would be a scenic route, but did not expect the elevated bikeway over the salt marshes and the Mattapoisett River.

Likes For capejohn:
Old 07-13-22, 12:09 PM
onekgguy
Retired

Tng!

We had a nice turnout last night for our weekly Tuesday Night Gravel ride out of Northfield, MN. I've been AWOL the past couple of months so it was nice to be back among friends and in the pack!

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 07-22-22, 01:39 PM
onekgguy
Retired

River Bottoms Romp!

The river bottoms were may happy place on Wednesday afternoon for 39 miles (63 km) of mostly dirt trail riding.

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:
Old 08-10-22, 07:49 PM
onekgguy
Retired

Tuesday Night Gravel

Here is some video from last night's Tuesday Night Gravel ride with the Cannon Valley Velo Club out of Northfield, Mn. Lots of dust and lots of fun!

Kevin g

Old 08-17-22, 07:13 PM
onekgguy
Retired

Tuesday Night Gravel on a Beautiful Night

Here's some video from last night's Tuesday Night Gravel ride with the Cannon Valley Velo Club in Northfield, Mn. A beautiful night and a sizeable group made for lots-o-fun! Details of the ride can be found in the video's description where there's a link to our ride on Strava.

Kevin g

Old 08-21-22, 07:53 PM
capejohn

Still going in my 70's. I ride along bike events, taking videos, stills and doing interviews. I'm working two big rides this fall. Sept 11 and Oct 9. It's always a blast to film, edit and comp the videos to the event organizers.
Old 09-07-22, 09:41 AM
capejohn

A week of bike riding videos. bikejournal.com has a forum titled bike bits. It's short rides of 12.5 to 25 miles. I always bring a video camera looking for things to record. Many I use as B-rolls (short transition videos) for bike events I work. Below is a combination of b-rolls and short clips from the latest monthly Bike New Bedford ride in MA.

Old 09-13-22, 10:10 PM
onekgguy
Retired

The River Bottoms has a New Feature

There's a large crevasse that's opened up along the river trails in the last two weeks. It appears that a large chunk of trail is about to be swallowed up by the Minnesota River. That's okay. We're a resilient bunch and will forge a new trail.

Kevin g

Old 09-21-22, 07:32 PM
onekgguy
Retired

Here's some video from last night's TNG ride. Always a fun time.

Kevin g

Likes For onekgguy:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.