Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

SRAM Force AXS 2 x mullet chainrings?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-22, 06:05 AM
pduncanj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, on my 2021 BMC Roadmachine I am running SRAM Force AXS drivetrain with the 36t RD (RD-FRC-E-D1), a regular (not Wide) FD (FD-FRC-E-D1), standard crankset (FC-FRC-D1) with Wide spider and 43-30 chainrings, and a Flattop 12s chain. I live in Switzerland and do a lot of mountain riding around Europe. I like to climb long steep cols slowly, and descend fast. This requires very wide range gearing. The 30-36 is my perfect low gear but 43-10 has me doing a great hamster impersonation on descents. IMO SRAM snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with their move to a 13 tooth chainring spread; my existing setup with 'standard' 46-30 chainrings would meet my needs.

How can I do this?

I have done a fair bit of research and no one seems to make after-market chainrings to suit 2 x Force AXS.

Happy to run a different chain as well as chainrings, if that will play nicely with the RD / cassette.

Thanks
Old 08-18-22, 04:36 PM
oldbobcat

Bikes: '80 Masi Gran Criterium, '12 Trek Madone, early '60s Frejus track

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked 447 Times in 336 Posts
So basically, you're looking for a 46t outer chainring with a 94 mm BCD? Praxis makes 48/32 road and gravel cranksets. https://praxiscycles.com/road-cranks-final/

Sorry, can't get any closer than that.
Likes For oldbobcat:
Old 08-19-22, 01:44 AM
pduncanj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of Praxis and use them on other bikes. According to most sources, the only chainrings compatible with SRAM Force AXS are ... SRAM Force AXS. And what I need is 46-30 ... Will keep looking ...