Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Coefficient Wave Handlebar--Anyone Tried / Use?

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Coefficient Wave Handlebar--Anyone Tried / Use?

Old 06-18-19, 01:17 AM
znomit
Zoom zoom zoom zoom bonk

Bikes: Giant Defy, Trek 1.7c, BMC GF02, Fuji Tahoe, Scott Sub 35, Kona Rove, Trek Verve+2

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked 721 Times in 365 Posts
Originally Posted by noodle soup
That's what I like about the Zipp SL70 ergo bars. They are swept back a little, and the top part is a flatter shape(with a deep groove for hoses/wires).
Picked up a set last year on your recommendation. Super comfy even through a 600k ride.

Thanks!
Likes For znomit:
Old 03-17-23, 04:23 PM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,526 Times in 997 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaskar
Whew... I'm back. Got lost there for a minute. Clicked a link, scrolled, clicked another link... ended up on another site... and another. Seriously, that company looks like they spent all their money on R&D and had nothing left for the website. I'm still not sure what the bar's purposes is. Although, I did enjoy a vintage clip of a TdF descent... I think.

I'm all for odd/revolutionary designs (I have a Lefty and a Grail)... but that product may not yet be ready for prime time.
Old thread, and I imagine their website has improved a bit since this thread began.

Reviews I've read really positive on the hand comfort and position. Thought I'd ask if anyone's tried the road version since this 4yr old thread started?
https://coefficientcycling.com/produ...race-handlebar
Old 03-24-23, 07:14 AM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 117 Posts
Originally Posted by znomit
Picked up a set last year on your recommendation. Super comfy even through a 600k ride.

Thanks!

I love those bars and have used them (and the somewhat similar Ritchey Streem) for years. Recently, I wanted to try 46cm bars and tried several...landing on the Shimano.Pro PLT Ergo which is also extremely comfy like those two bar. The ENVE compact road bar and their gravel bar have really good ergonomics but I prefer the flat top bars with a little back sweep to reduce reach on the tops. The flat wide tops make them far more comfy for me. The FSA K-Wing AGX is close but I still prefer a wider flat top.
Old 03-24-23, 11:38 AM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 243 Times in 180 Posts
I have them and have used them for the last two seasons. I think they're great - noticeably less tension in my shoulders and by using these, I was able to get rid of a nagging pinched nerve at shoulder level that has been an ongoing problem. So I'm a fan and (if they get back in stock), my other road ride is getting a set too.

J.
Old 03-24-23, 05:08 PM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,526 Times in 997 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnJ80
I have them and have used them for the last two seasons. I think they're great - noticeably less tension in my shoulders and by using these, I was able to get rid of a nagging pinched nerve at shoulder level that has been an ongoing problem. So I'm a fan and (if they get back in stock), my other road ride is getting a set too.

J.
Just to be clear... which handlebars are you referring to? Chandne just above is responding to some Zipp bar subtopic mention I think.
Old 03-24-23, 08:02 PM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

He must be referring to the Coefficient bar. That angle does indeed relax the traps and shoulders.
Old 03-25-23, 10:00 AM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 243 Times in 180 Posts
Originally Posted by Chandne
He must be referring to the Coefficient bar. That angle does indeed relax the traps and shoulders.
Yes. Coefficient bars.

Originally Posted by Sy Reene
Just to be clear... which handlebars are you referring to? Chandne just above is responding to some Zipp bar subtopic mention I think.
sorry, I wasn’t clear. Big fan of the coefficient bars.
Likes For JohnJ80:
Old 03-29-23, 06:55 PM
FrankTuna

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Chandne
The FSA K-Wing AGX is close but I still prefer a wider flat top.
Not to derail the thread, but how do/did you like the FSA bars? I've been looking for something with some flare, and the ergonomics look great. Thanks!!
Old 03-29-23, 07:14 PM
Chandne

They are very nice. I thought they were quite comfortable and the flare was great. My Dedas (I also took those off though..need wider than 44s) were also somewhat similar to the FSAs. The FSA 46 is around 45 cm at the hood centers. The little flat spot is a nice touch as well.
Likes For Chandne: