Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

Mint 1974 Schwinn Paramount P15 For Sale

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-21, 05:14 AM
ventana

Bikes: 1974 Paramount P-15 Lime Green, 1974 LeTour 21 speed, 1985 Voyageu SP, 1974 Continental, 1965 KSHD Custom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

For Sale: 1974 Schwinn Paramount P15 $1,500 (check link https://photos.app.goo.gl/Czd9FniAABYj9BUZA for additional photos)
I am downsizing and need to sell some of my Schwinn Lightweights. First on the block is my 1974 Paramount P15. I am hoping that a true Schwinn LW aficionado (member of this forum) will need and want this bike. Color is Flamboyant Lime Green. Frame size is 63 cm. Stand over height is 35” so it is made for us lanky folks.
I am the third owner of this bicycle. It was originally purchased by a Schwinn mechanic that worked at the last Schwinn dealer in Milwaukee, WI. Not long after purchasing the bicycle he fell ill to cancer and passed within a year. A collector I know in Milwaukee purchased the bicycle some 20 years later from the estate of the original owner’s widow. I purchased the bike from the collector in 2011.
Serial # is B7411 (left dropout) which indicates this is the eleventh Paramount manufactured in February of 1974. The condition is 99% and is a very, very pristine example of a Paramount P15 Touring Bike and darn near perfect. I will list the flaws that I have noticed below.
Frame is made from double butted Reynolds 531 tubing. Chrome tipped fork and stays. It features the classic Round head badge. Drive is 15 speed, 31 to 104 gear range. Campagnolo Alloy cotterless crank set (36/49/54). 14-16-19-25-31 freewheel cluster. GT 300 Le Tour (Shimano Crane) rear derailleur, Campagnolo front. Cinelli Alloy handlebar, stem and fittings. Campy head set and BB. Schwinn Approved Weinmann levers and center pull brakes; includes auxiliary safety brake levers. Brooks B17 leather saddle with copper rivets. Rims are Weinmann 27” x 1 ¼” double box design. Included are the original Campy touring pedals, Christophe toe clips and yellow leather straps, Regina gold chain. The short aluminum front and rear fenders were included when I purchased the bicycle. I have been told they were manufactured by Weinmann.
Items not original I have added but are included: Chain, SRAM 850. Tires are Continental Gator Skins 35mm. Italian manufactured aluminum Voyageur rear bag rack. Upgraded gray foam bar tape by Planet Bike. Gray Jagwire brake and shifter cable housings with Jagwire Teflon coated brake and shift cables. The bike shifts perfectly.
Flaws: Very small scar on the top left side of the Brooks saddle. One very small scratch in the top of the right side seat stay (too small to accurately photograph). Top edge of the “S” on the right side downtube decal is missing (shown in photos). Black and white Demarcation stripes on the leading edge of the chrome section of both chain stays are cracked shown in photos) could easily be replaced. Regina gold chain has a stiff link.
Price is $1,500 USD. I will ship in the Continental U.S. only via Bikeflights. Buyer pays all shipping costs. Ships from Des Moines, IA. If you have a hardshell bicycle carrier send it to me and I will carefully pack and place the. bicycle inside then ship via Bikeflights. Or, you can purchase a bicycle shipping box from Bikeflights and dropship it to me. If you have any questions please refer them to msbikes51@gmail.com Thanks. Additional photos can be seen here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Czd9FniAABYj9BUZA

Last edited by ventana; 07-13-21 at 07:46 AM.
Likes For ventana:
Old 04-10-21, 05:44 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Very nice bike. You're local to me so I'm glad it's not my size. You may want to post this in the C&V for sale forum as well.
Old 04-11-21, 07:16 AM
ventana

Bikes: 1974 Paramount P-15 Lime Green, 1974 LeTour 21 speed, 1985 Voyageu SP, 1974 Continental, 1965 KSHD Custom

Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
BIkemig;
Fellow middle earther; thanks for the tip.

Ventana
Old 07-13-21, 07:49 AM
ventana

Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Lower Price. Now $1,500.00

Not having much success in selling this beauty. Price is now $1,500.00. Thanks to everyone that has taken a look.

Take Care;
Ventana
Old 08-06-21, 08:58 PM
maa94

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Interesting way to sand up the bike. Did you make that? Great looking Schwinn!
Old 08-09-21, 06:12 AM
ventana

Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Yes, I have made several of those for the bikes in my herd that lack a kickstand. Just some 1" pine cut to the exact width of the tire and screwed to a 1" pine base. Got the idea when I first purchased a used stationary trainer that was missing the front wheel block. They work well indoors, not sure if they would be stable in a breeze if used outdoors.