Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Who Knew, Fitchburg !

Old 11-01-21, 04:06 PM
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good

Bikes: Zipp2001 Carbon Belt Drive SS, Kestrel RT900SL, Kestrel KM40 Airfoil 1x10, Orbea Occam H30, Trek Stache 5 29 Plus, Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 867 Times in 443 Posts
Who Knew, Fitchburg !

Lately I've been exploring new trails in the Central Mass region. I've done The Ayer Rail Trail, The Bruce Freeman Trial, Groton Town Forest, Willard Brook State Forest, and Pearl Hill State Park. So this past Friday I found a trail network right around the corner from where I work. I never knew that Fitchburg had such a fun trail network right behind the Hospital on the hill. Being a roadie for 40+ years I've done thousands of miles on the hills in The Burg. So I expected I would run into some hills out in the woods and it didn't disappoint. If your in the area and want to explore some fun trails Fitchburg is worth a visit.
Likes For ZIPP2001:
Old 11-08-21, 04:30 PM
J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Brompton

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 457 Posts
Fitchburg! Whodathunk it!

Seriously, though, there are new trails all over New England, and some of the best are right in Mass. Ever do the Winchendon trail?
Likes For J.Higgins:
Old 11-08-21, 06:05 PM
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good

Bikes: Zipp2001 Carbon Belt Drive SS, Kestrel RT900SL, Kestrel KM40 Airfoil 1x10, Orbea Occam H30, Trek Stache 5 29 Plus, Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 867 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by J.Higgins
Fitchburg! Whodathunk it!

Seriously, though, there are new trails all over New England, and some of the best are right in Mass. Ever do the Winchendon trail?
I'm on the Winchendon trails all the time that's where I do most of my riding. I lived next to Lake Dennison for 30 years. Looking forward to getting out on the groomed trails this winter, and play with the snow mobiles. I venture out to the trail behind the MX park on rte. 202 right after Baldwinville. Do you ride out in the Winchendon area ?
Likes For ZIPP2001:
Old 03-23-22, 05:09 AM
J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Brompton

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by ZIPP2001
Do you ride out in the Winchendon area ?
We live about an hour north of Winchendon, but we target a different trail every weekend, and sometimes weeknights when the weather is good. We'll all meet there as a family and ride, then go someplace for an ice cream afterwards. Its great to ride with my grandkids.
Likes For J.Higgins:
Old 07-16-22, 01:43 PM
jlat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
hello people: Mass hole hear. I use the minuteman rail trial every now and again. I catch it at fresh pond and usually go to Bedford and back. I don't bring any of my bikes in a car as I just leave my house and go. I live in Newton Corner and the Charles is down the street. I go towards Boston or towards Waltham. have fun
IBBY

Last edited by jlat; 07-16-22 at 02:10 PM.
Likes For jlat:
Old 07-16-22, 03:00 PM
James1964 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 150 Times in 95 Posts
When I lived in Fitchburg 40 years ago, the trails behind Burbank Hospital were part of an Audubon preserve. We used to run and cross-country ski on them. IIRC, you can also access them at the Crocker School parking lot and by driving to the end of Prospect St., where there's a reservoir.
Likes For James1964: