Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Favero Assioma SPD-SL Powermeter?!

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Favero Assioma SPD-SL Powermeter?!

Old 04-17-21, 11:07 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,645 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged
Many smart minds have attempted the shoe challenge and the insurmountable hurdle has been each shoe model and brand has different characteristics and moving footbeds between them results in too much variance. Getting into the shoe business with a built-in power meter would mean to many SKU's and other stocking challenges.
​​​​​​A bunch of companies make running power meters in the shoes, but they have the benefit of not having to give the right power numbers. 🙂
Old 04-25-21, 07:46 PM
Gride

Bikes: Santana Beyond PHD DA/ XTR Di2, Canyon Ultimate CF SLX DA Mech (Canyon refused valid warranty claim), 2021 Specialized Tarmac SL7 12 spd DA, 2022 No.22 Drifter X 12spd DA, Budnitz Alpha- Gates belt-Alfine internal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I saw a youtube vid where they swapped out the Favero Assioma pedal body with a quality SPD. Resulting in a high quality and somewhat economical SPD Power Meter pedal. The Garmin SPD's look nice but are +-$1200. I understand SRM has SPD's as well but are +-$1500 pr.

While I ride road pedals on training and racing bikes, I use SPD's for tandem touring due to the highly walkable soles and passable street looking shoes.
Old 04-26-21, 01:37 AM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
You do realize you can already do this yourself.

All you need to do is take off the pedal from the powermeter and attach a different pedal. There are videos on Youtube showing how to do this.