Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Ever have your chain jam on a worn drivetrain?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-21, 07:39 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts

I knew it was close the last chain replacement had some glitches in shifting once in awhile. but I wanted to try another chain. I put it on Monday as the last one hit .5 wear. well on my bosch with the smaller chainring I had more rumble and noise then usual. so I wanted to see if it would settle down. but today's commute the chain jammed a couple of times I did not find out where as it came loose right away. I peddled easily to the rest of the way to work.
well; I was 100 miles away from 12,000 miles in less then 2 years on the drivetrain. so I had all of the parts on hand. I replaced everything the chainring the cassette and the jockey wheels to just make sure. when you think about it with the 2.5 to 1 chainring 18t it did about 30,000 miles before it was worn out. not bad at all. now its quiet like it used to be. I have debated replacing the shift housing but I don't know if I could do that myself. I think I was on my 6th chain.
of course after all that I stop at the 7-11 to get my granddaughters some popcorn and y back tire goes flat. tried some c02 but no go but only 1/2 mile from home so I just walked.

Likes For fooferdoggie: