Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

54 or 56

Old 06-28-20, 03:19 PM
Hawk man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
54 or 56

I just bought the 2021 specialized diverge in size 54. I tried size 56 and the reach was too long so I went with size 54. I am currently 16 and might still grow. My height is 5 feet 8.75 inches. I’m not shure how much I will still grow.

Should I be worried about outgrowing the size 54. If I outgrow it by alittle bit can It be made to fit perfect with a new stem or something else? I posted images of me on the bike below, does this look like a good fit? Are there any suggestions you can make on my form? Is this fit completely off And should I return this and get the 56 with a shorter stem?

In the 3 days I have had this bike I have biked about 50 miles with it and it feels comfterbol. I could really use your help on this and I am trying to put my mind at ease that’s this is the right size for me. Any answers help, Thank You!

Last edited by Hawk man; 06-28-20 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Photos
Old 06-28-20, 03:23 PM
Hawk man

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This will not let me post photos.. Or even a link to photos
Old 06-28-20, 05:37 PM
aspalmat

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
You kind of answered your own question, ... in 3 days, I’ve rode 50 miles and was comfortable.... Sounds like the right size to me.

Buying a bike that is 1 size to large, assuming you’ll grow into it, seems like a bad idea to me. It needs to fit and be comfortable now.
Old 06-29-20, 11:13 AM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked 1,248 Times in 721 Posts
I agree. I would not buy the 56 with the thought you may grow more. You may not, and even if you did, the 56 would not be necessary now. You are comfortable now, that is what is important. Even if you grow to be 5'10" the 54 will fit. You may need a longer stem, but that's about it. If you grow to be 6' 1" then you will need a different size, and most likely larger than a 56. That's when you sell the Diverge and buy a larger bike.

Enjoy the new bike.
Likes For phughes:
Old 06-29-20, 12:40 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
but you can write the URL to get to a photo in the plain text of your post. You might need to remove the https:// or change the "." to "dot". Come on dude, use a little gray matter and deviousness.