Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Fixing Lezyne Chuck

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Fixing Lezyne Chuck

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-23, 09:44 AM
Jicafold

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 89 Posts
Fixing Lezyne Chuck

So I have this Lezyne CNC high pressure floor pump. The chuck doesnt seal very well. I imagine all it would need in a new o ring in there. Can I just replace the o ring or do need the whole thing? Is it possible? What size? Thank you.

Old 02-04-23, 07:36 AM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22596 Post(s)
Liked 8,925 Times in 4,158 Posts
Lezyne usually has very good customer service. I expect if you contact them they might send replacement O ring(s) as a courtesy.
Old 02-04-23, 08:50 AM
John Valuk

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 168 Times in 109 Posts
Originally Posted by Jicafold
So I have this Lezyne CNC high pressure floor pump. The chuck doesnt seal very well. I imagine all it would need in a new o ring in there. Can I just replace the o ring or do need the whole thing? Is it possible? What size?
Here's a post where someone describes replacing the Presta-side o-ring on a similar Lezyne chuck: Presta O-Ring for Lezyne ABS-1 PRO HV Flip Chuck.

You could try removing the o-ring from your chuck, and seeing if the o-ring dimensions noted in that post make sense.
Old 02-04-23, 12:16 PM
Jicafold

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by John Valuk
Here's a post where someone describes replacing the Presta-side o-ring on a similar Lezyne chuck: Presta O-Ring for Lezyne ABS-1 PRO HV Flip Chuck.

You could try removing the o-ring from your chuck, and seeing if the o-ring dimensions noted in that post make sense.
Thank you for that but that link doesn't seem to work. I tried the key words in the search too. I did get the O ring out with a small scissors that I used to trim my nose hairs. You can borrow them if you want. Maybe I can go to the hardware store and match it up.

Last edited by Jicafold; 02-04-23 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-04-23, 04:12 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26413 Post(s)
Liked 10,379 Times in 7,207 Posts
Thank you for that but that link doesn't seem to work. I tried the key words in the search too. I did get the O ring out with a small scissors that I used to trim my nose hairs. You can borrow them if you want. Maybe I can go to the hardware store and match it up.

...O rings come in various diameters and thicknesses. I have a rubber parts warehouse place here in town, that has a big display of them. So I go there. If you measure the exact inner and outer diameters, and thickness, you can probably order an exact match on Amazon, but you'll probably need to order ten of them.
Old 02-04-23, 05:50 PM
LarryMelman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts
Thank you for that but that link doesn't seem to work.
It worked for me, maybe the site was temporarily down. In any case, here is what it said:
I emailed Lezyne asking for the o-ring spec so I could get some, and they instead sent me two of the parts. Popping out the old o-ring and fitting in a new one sorted everything out.When fitting the o-ring I measured it, figuring it’d be nice to know the size in case I want a quicker replacement of this wear part next time:

ID: 5.2mm
OD: 9mm
Profile: 1.9mm
Old 02-07-23, 03:55 AM
tFUnK

Bikes: Too many bikes, too little time to ride

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked 460 Times in 318 Posts
Hopefully new o-rings do the trick. On mine, the threads were slightly stripped so I've got to replace the whole chuck.
Old 02-07-23, 11:44 AM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked 847 Times in 410 Posts
call them. I've personally had success with Lezyne for my pump - they sent me a couple parts. great team over there.