Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Safety razor

Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Safety razor

Old 02-27-22, 05:14 PM
tcs
Palmer

Bikes: Mike Melton custom, 1982 Stumpjumper, Alex Moulton AM, 2010 Dawes Briercliffe, 2017 Dahon Curl i8, 2021 Motobecane Turino 1x12

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1644 Post(s)
Liked 1,785 Times in 1,041 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
It usually takes more than three days to get this many strong opposing opinions aired.
Well, it hardly compares to that time a neophyte cycletourist asked about cast iron cook gear. Whoa! Religion+politics+yo mama wouldn't compare to that thread.

The talk is about the razor tool per thread title, fair enough, yet the process requires accouterments*. I suppose one might use dish soap, the oatmeal pot and yesterday's t-shirt and not bring along anything extra. Still, I suspect it's VintageSchwinn's Panasonic for the ultralight win.

*Self contained. Shaving & staying in motels/hotels/BnBs/AirBNBs isn't different from home, really.
Old 02-28-22, 05:27 AM
John N

Bikes: Co-Motion Americano Pinion P18; Co-Motion Americano Rohloff; Thorn Nomad MkII, Robert Beckman Skakkit (FOR SALE), Santana Tandem, ICE Adventure FS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 48 Posts
I have to say that I find this thread fairly interesting. I remember my Dad using the old shaving soap in a mug and shaving when I was a young boy. Then he switched to a cartridge razor sometime in the early 80s though I do not know why. I always assumed that a cartridge razor was better since it was what everyone used and advertised. Didn't even think about alternatives until this thread. Granted, I have a very sparse beard, i.e. I shave once every 4-5 days so it probably doesn't make sense for me to get one, so I never took shaving that importantly. However, I still find this thread interesting as a safety razor speaks of much higher quality and I am a big proponent of quality if the cost difference pays for itself in a reasonable time.
Old 02-28-22, 06:44 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2731 Post(s)
Liked 952 Times in 783 Posts
Originally Posted by John N
I have to say that I find this thread fairly interesting. I remember my Dad using the old shaving soap in a mug and shaving when I was a young boy. Then he switched to a cartridge razor sometime in the early 80s though I do not know why. I always assumed that a cartridge razor was better since it was what everyone used and advertised. Didn't even think about alternatives until this thread. Granted, I have a very sparse beard, i.e. I shave once every 4-5 days so it probably doesn't make sense for me to get one, so I never took shaving that importantly. However, I still find this thread interesting as a safety razor speaks of much higher quality and I am a big proponent of quality if the cost difference pays for itself in a reasonable time.
re higher quality/ better shave, I was very very surprised to read of how few shaves one safety blade lasts. I've never used one, and given how long a good multiblade cartridge lasts me, I have no urge to try one.
I also remember trying the brush and shaving soap thing, and found shaving cream in a bottle to be vastly superior for skin comfort.
Old 02-28-22, 06:54 AM
John N

Bikes: Co-Motion Americano Pinion P18; Co-Motion Americano Rohloff; Thorn Nomad MkII, Robert Beckman Skakkit (FOR SALE), Santana Tandem, ICE Adventure FS

Originally Posted by djb
re higher quality/ better shave, I was very very surprised to read of how few shaves one safety blade lasts. I've never used one, and given how long a good multiblade cartridge lasts me, I have no urge to try one.
I also remember trying the brush and shaving soap thing, and found shaving cream in a bottle to be vastly superior for skin comfort.
Since I shave so rarely, I just get two maybe three shaves before the blade starts to rust/pit so for me, so the cost difference is minimal and the cabinet space would be less as I tend to buy a year's supply of the disposables at Sam's. Based on the posts above, I thought you could use canned cream (Barbasol). The big downside for touring would be that I would guess the safety razor would weigh several ounces more compared to a a plastic disposable razor. A few ounces in and of itself is not much but I have noticed over the years that the ounces tend to add up to several pounds. If I could not use canned cream, i.e. a travel size of Barbasol or something, I would pass on the safety razor for touring.
Old 02-28-22, 07:12 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2731 Post(s)
Liked 952 Times in 783 Posts
Since I shave so rarely, I just get two maybe three shaves before the blade starts to rust/pit so for me, so the cost difference is minimal and the cabinet space would be less as I tend to buy a year's supply of the disposables at Sam's. Based on the posts above, I thought you could use canned cream (Barbasol). The big downside for touring would be that I would guess the safety razor would weigh several ounces more compared to a a plastic disposable razor. A few ounces in and of itself is not much but I have noticed over the years that the ounces tend to add up to several pounds. If I could not use canned cream, i.e. a travel size of Barbasol or something, I would pass on the safety razor for touring.
I agree on the gradual adding up of weight thing. I'm always surprised by how my toiletry bag can get heavy, especially on a longer trip.
Buy yup, a good quality disposable (3 blade) is light, lasts a few months just like a cartridge 3 blader at home, and the small travel cans of shaving cream work well, but again, I'm just shaving my neck every few days so the actual use is less than a heavy whisker guy who shaves twice a day.
Old 02-28-22, 08:21 AM
gauvins

Bikes: Custom built LHT & Troll

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 832 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 100 Posts
[...]I would suggest the smaller Altoid box. They are not very expensive and include some free candies inside.
Old 02-28-22, 08:24 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3426 Post(s)
Liked 1,441 Times in 1,122 Posts
I mentioned above that I use Bic disposables for travel, the ones I have were bought a decade ago, it takes a long time to go through a bag of a dozen if you almost never shave when you travel. Just weighed one, 5.4 grams. Ones like this but with a white handle.
https://www.amazon.com/Single-Blade-...dp/B01FSWZ8DI/

I think I have a skin allergy to shaving creams, every time I try one I get a rash. I just use soap, never have tried a brush. For soap, now with liquid hand soaps readily available, use that, used to use a bar of glycerin based soap before liquid hand soaps became ubiquitous.
.https://www.dollartree.com/pears-tra...oz-bars/118669

But when I travel, usually only carried a bar of Ivory for showers and shaving.

Blade life, I think that some people want to brag how tough they are, and that extends to how tough their beard is, they think it manly to brag that they wear out a blade for only a few shaves or maybe only one. When I find a blade is noticeably dull, I change blades.
Old 02-28-22, 08:27 AM
BobG

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 81 Posts
Well I'm the guy who admitted on another thread to have carried a floor pump on a BOB trailer across the USA, but I'm a weight weenie when it comes to razors! The cheapest single blade BIC disposable is my choice. Weighs next to nothing, including a re-useable blade guard, 12 for $3 at Walmart! One razor lasts for 2 weeks of daily use at home. Shaving cream? = soap. Brush? = fingers. Environmental impact? Much less discarded plastic than one soda bottle.

Old 02-28-22, 08:57 AM
gauvins

The big downside for touring would be that I would guess the safety razor would weigh several ounces more compared to a a plastic disposable razor.
Interesting argument. At home I suppose that most would prefer a razor with some heft. From what I've seen, most chrome-plated razors are in the 70-100 grams (2.5 - 3.5 oz) range. If you search a bit, you should be able to find decent razors weighing less than 50g, and at the near end of the spectrum, there are disposable plastic safety razors weighing 5grs. I couldn't find interesting threads in the ultralight community, where the dominant doctrines are either (1) don't shave, or (2) purchase disposables at resupply and ditch them afterwards.

Another way to look at the question would be volume. Safety blades take essentially no space in your kit, compared to disposable razors/cartridges.

A third way to look at this would conclude that it is very unlikely to make a significant difference on the touring experience. We're talking about 40grs difference and it is very very unlikely that you'd need to carry more than one spare cartridge, so there essentially no reduction in volume. My question was triggered by the fact that I am ditching cartridge razors at home.

If I could not use canned cream, i.e. a travel size of Barbasol or something, I would pass on the safety razor for touring.
Regular soap works reasonably well. Shaving creams are available in small conditioning (ex: 3oz tubes) and single use envelopes.
Old 02-28-22, 09:09 AM
gauvins

The razors that you disassemble and assemble are more likely to clog
I've ordered a Rockwell 6C. It comes with 3 reversible base plates, in order to adjust the razor's "aggressiveness". I've not tried it yet (still in the mail) but seems to be capable of handling a week-long growth without clogging. I've also ordered an open-comb top plate (and hope it'll fit Rockwell's handle, but I read that it may not work...). (obviously too much time on my hands).
Old 02-28-22, 09:27 AM
John N

Originally Posted by gauvins
Interesting argument. At home I suppose that most would prefer a razor with some heft. From what I've seen, most chrome-plated razors are in the 70-100 grams (2.5 - 3.5 oz) range. If you search a bit, you should be able to find decent razors weighing less than 50g, and at the near end of the spectrum, there are disposable plastic safety razors weighing 5grs. I couldn't find interesting threads in the ultralight community, where the dominant doctrines are either (1) don't shave, or (2) purchase disposables at resupply and ditch them afterwards.

Another way to look at the question would be volume. Safety blades take essentially no space in your kit, compared to disposable razors/cartridges.

A third way to look at this would conclude that it is very unlikely to make a significant difference on the touring experience. We're talking about 40grs difference and it is very very unlikely that you'd need to carry more than one spare cartridge, so there essentially no reduction in volume. My question was triggered by the fact that I am ditching cartridge razors at home.

Regular soap works reasonably well. Shaving creams are available in small conditioning (ex: 3oz tubes) and single use envelopes.
Again, for me, since I shave so little the weight to benefit becomes and issue. When I tour, I tend to tour for 4+ weeks at a time and tend to buy the cheapest razor out there, again, because I save maybe 80-90 times per year. A single disposable razor with its little blade shield weighs 9g so I could take a month's worth of razors for just 1oz. The shaving cream is a wash since I would use it regardless of the razor type (I don't like bath soap only). I have no idea what a decent safety razor weighs. Sake of argument it weights 5oz total for the razor, spare blades, and blade case. The 4oz difference does not sound like much but at 1/4 pound it does add up. I would guess the volume would be close to the same amount but could be wrong. For someone who shaves so little and with relatively thin whiskers at that, a decent safety razor does not make sense, However, for home use, I could possibly see doing it but the nicks and such as part of the learning curve have me having second thoughts.

But ultimately, my overall point in this thread is that I find safety razors fascinating in a way. Sort of like how a decent hand tool from decades ago is very nice to work with compared to today's cheap crappy tools.
Old 02-28-22, 12:33 PM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2575 Post(s)
Liked 1,900 Times in 1,192 Posts
All this discussion about razor weights got me to pull out my electric shaver and charger: 7.5 oz.

Before the weight weenies come out of the woodwork, I'll note that's barely double a small can of shaving cream. (And yes, I remember learning to shave with a brush and shaving soap, which wasn't bad. Regular soap, though, I only tried that twice in emergencies!) And that almost half a pound is small compared to the excess energy I carry with me in the form of fat.

The implicit "Why bother to shave?" question may deserve its own thread, but I'll put my answers in here anyways.

1. I like the wind on my face instead of outside my beard, especially the slight coolness on hot days.

2. Shaving regularly makes sunscreen application go easier.

3. While I'll wear brightly colored, tight clothing, I prefer that my face look "normal." In a touring situation, the extra spark of humanity it projects seems to result in a bit more welcome and acceptance from people who'll then go on to tell me they've never left this county and the next one over.

4. Subsequent to #3, being clean shaven provides some separation from the homeless population many people will go out of their way to avoid.
Old 02-28-22, 02:22 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

I've ordered a Rockwell 6C. It comes with 3 reversible base plates, in order to adjust the razor's "aggressiveness".....
I have never seen that setup with different plates for aggressiveness. Interesting.
Old 02-28-22, 02:54 PM
gauvins

Perhaps one of the several innovations in the field. Another (Canadian) artisan shop offers something similar (Karve - you can select one of 8 different plates, and 4 different handle lengths). They get rave reviews but are too expensive for me at this stage. Not clear which material is best for home vs travel, and so on.

A long time ago I was shaving with a DE razor, like most men at the time. And like "everyone" switched to cartridge with episodes of electric razors now and then.

While my decision has clearly been triggered by changing shaving habits, I now realize that safety razors are making a comeback. Still marginal (most razors for sale here are cartridge), but gaining traction. For some, it is the better-shave argument; for others, the zero-waste argument; and for many, the much-cheaper-in-the-long-run argument.

I'll post a quick summary specific to bike touring, eventually. In essence:
  1. no need to worry about blade supply -- a 10-blade dispenser stowed in your luggage will last for months (if not a year)
  2. use the blade dispenser to store used blades (Feather is a decent choice; there are certainly others)
  3. no worries about the razor. Typically rustproof (for obvious reasons).
  4. not much to gain, not much to lose.

Last edited by gauvins; 02-28-22 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-01-22, 11:04 AM
tcs
Palmer

Bikes: Mike Melton custom, 1982 Stumpjumper, Alex Moulton AM, 2010 Dawes Briercliffe, 2017 Dahon Curl i8, 2021 Motobecane Turino 1x12

Originally Posted by BobG
Much less discarded plastic than one soda bottle.
Reducing waste is a big deal these days, both in to-consumer packaging and post-consumer off-to-the-landfill. Gillette is offering their 'Planet Kind' razor. You get a made-partially-from-recycled-material recyclable handle and eight, five-bladed made-partially-from-recycled-material recyclable cartridges. Uh, to recycle I think you gotta mail 'em off somewhere. Hmph. The cartridge attachment seems to interchange with the Fusion/Pro Glide blades. Anyway, it's part of a Planet Kind system. The Planet Kind shave cream looks promising for cycletourists - it comes in a little metal sort-of Kiwi shoe polish-looking can.

Fun fact: the Gillette five-blade cartridges actually have six blades!

Schick has the 'Xtreme Bamboo' hybrid razor: you get three unique two-blade cartridges and a recyclable (obviously) bamboo handle. Looks *****in'; lightweight. Pay no attention to the terrifying concave razor picture on the box.

Xtreme Bamboo - 5.7g
generic blue two-blade disposable - 7.7g
Gillette Sensor Excel handle & cartridge - 30.7g

Last edited by tcs; 03-01-22 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-01-22, 11:23 AM
tcs
Palmer

Originally Posted by pdlamb
All this discussion about razor weights got me to pull out my electric shaver and charger: 7.5 oz.
FWIW, that 2xAA Panasonic ES3831 upthread is listed at 156g.
Old 03-02-22, 10:43 AM
gauvins

I was asking three questions:

1. Q: Where to get razor blades on tour? A: Blades are not allowed as carry-on luggage, which is very unlikely to be an issue for touring. The easy way is to carry a small dispenser in your checked luggage. Weighs nothing, takes no space, and a 10-blade dispenser would likely last several months -- typically a blade is good for 5 shaves. A daily shave translates into close to two months autonomy; weekly shave into a year .

2. Q: How do you dispose of used blades? A few brands of razor blades are sold in reasonably resistant dispensers. Feather comes to mind. This is probably the best solution, but there are plenty of alternatives: there are also blade boxes available on Etsy. A small tin can would also work, just as a pillbox of some kind.

3. Q: Is there an argument against purchasing a chrome plated razor? Stainless steel is said, at least by some fans, to be more resistant. OTOH there is plenty of evidence that plated razors are long-lasting. No need to worry.

4. One last thing, not in the OP: How to carry the razor? Having a razor ready to use, in the hygiene bag alongside a toothbrush/soap/etc., doesn't seem like a good idea. There is likely damage the blade and/or its surroundings. In addition, leaving the head screwed to the handle increases the risk of damaging the razor itself if the stuff sack is compressed between other rigid items. Which means unscrewing the (razor's) head after shaving and storing or discarding the blade. The blade could be considered waste and stored inside the used-blades compartment of the dispenser (meaning that you waste 80% of the blade's potential), stored inside another small container until it is put back and used for another shave. or left between the head's base and cover and secured inside a head protector (typically leather or plastic). Plenty of possibilities. Common sense should suffice.

Several posts above referred to the weight penalty suffered by using safety razors. Weight weenies from the UL backpacking community suggest that one can either (1) not shave for the duration of the trip, or (2) in the case of thru-hikes, shave at resupply points (purchase a disposable, find a bathroom and do your thing). These strategies mean zero weight. Those preferring the freedom of shaving where and when they please may consider purchasing a lightweight DE razor. The Dorco PL602 is listed at 20g (reviews suggest closer to 12g) and the Filament is listed at 14g. There are many alternatives, including med-prep razors (can be found on AliExpress for $1 or so; no weight reported, but are probably in the 10g range). Those preferring a more robust implement suggest the Henson AL13 (38g)

I would like to add that my reason for switching to DE razors is that working from home has changed my shaving habits. Instead of a daily shave, I now grow a 5-7 days beard, with which cartridge razors struggle ("painful", blade clogging, occasional cuts). I've received a DE razor yesterday, and am happy to report that (1) no cut, (2) no fuss, (3) closer shave than with cartridge. I have been using DE razors many years ago and switched to electric for no real good reason (typical father's day gift...), and back to cartridge (DE is practically gone from store shelves nowadays). Researching options, I came across three arguments in favor of DE razors. (1) Better shave -- seems unanimous. I couldn't find a single post supporting the claim that multi-blade razors do produce better results. Even Gillette's blog is equivocal... (2) Zero-waste. No single-use plastic. Several references to the fact that billions of disposable fill dumps. (3) Cheaper. Depending on actual cartridge vs blade, the break-even point should be a year or so. Fire-up your favorite spreadsheet to get better estimates.

Last edited by gauvins; 03-02-22 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-02-22, 11:11 AM
Tourist in MSN

Gauvins, good summary.
Old 03-02-22, 12:23 PM
tcs
Palmer

This being 2022, over on Thingiverse there are a couple of print-your-own safety/double edge razors.

Q: How do you dispose of used blades?
The Schick single edge injector system blades come in (obviously) a small injector housing. On the flip side of this housing is a slot and compartment for used blades. Civilized, elegant.

Last edited by tcs; 03-02-22 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-02-22, 12:29 PM
tcs
Palmer

I now grow a 5-7 days beard...
Bräun claims their Series 9 electric razors will tackle a 7-day beard. I'm from Missouri on this one.
Old 03-02-22, 04:05 PM
gauvins

Originally Posted by tcs
This being 2022, over on Thingiverse there are a couple of print-your-own safety/double edge razors.
Do you have a printer? Looks like $1000 to get on board. Makes for an expensive razor....
Old 03-02-22, 09:42 PM
tcs
Palmer

Yeah, but after you finish printing your FGC-9 project, it's just another 50¢ of filament.
Old 03-03-22, 07:42 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 744 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb

Before the weight weenies come out of the woodwork, I'll note that's barely double a small can of shaving cream. (And yes, I remember learning to shave with a brush and shaving soap, which wasn't bad. Regular soap, though, I only tried that twice in emergencies!) And that almost half a pound is small compared to the excess energy I carry with me in the form of fat.
As the resident weight weenie (or at least one of them) and one who has not used an electric razor, I am surprised that your electric shaver and charger are that light.

The implicit "Why bother to shave?" question may deserve its own thread, but I'll put my answers in here anyways.

1. I like the wind on my face instead of outside my beard, especially the slight coolness on hot days.

2. Shaving regularly makes sunscreen application go easier.
Just me but, I really couldn't care less about either of these.

3. While I'll wear brightly colored, tight clothing, I prefer that my face look "normal." In a touring situation, the extra spark of humanity it projects seems to result in a bit more welcome and acceptance from people who'll then go on to tell me they've never left this county and the next one over.

4. Subsequent to #3, being clean shaven provides some separation from the homeless population many people will go out of their way to avoid.
I think the spirit of these get at something really important that many of us overlook and maybe most or all of us do to some extent at times. Personally I think that our manners and conduct are a way bigger factor most of the time. I think we set ourselves apart as cyclists with our clothing (not necessarily in a bad way). If it is obviously cycling specific I think we mostly avoid the homeless label. Most of the folks I have met have figured out what I am up to and are curious enough to ask about my trip. I do think that things like removing sunglasses and making eye contact are much more important. Despite being blind without my glasses I found that taking them off when speaking to local folks was important. Beyond that a warm genuine smile goes a long ways.

Getting the glasses off helps get rid of the space alien look and makes us for real human contact.

On a somewhat similar note, I have wondered about how our helmets affect how we are perceived. I suspect we might be better received if we removed them when we are off the bike. I have done some tours sans helmet, but can't definitively say how it affected interactions with the local folks. I did seem to have lot of nice interactions on those trips though. I am not advocationg for folks not wearing helmets (although I greatly enjoyed riding a couple long tours without mine), but it might be worth experimenting with removing them when off bike in some settings. Maybe put on a baseball cap or something to cover the sweaty helmet hair.
Old 03-03-22, 09:12 AM
Tourist in MSN

Originally Posted by staehpj1
I think the spirit of these get at something really important that many of us overlook and maybe most or all of us do to some extent at times. Personally I think that our manners and conduct are a way bigger factor most of the time. I think we set ourselves apart as cyclists with our clothing (not necessarily in a bad way). If it is obviously cycling specific I think we mostly avoid the homeless label. Most of the folks I have met have figured out what I am up to and are curious enough to ask about my trip. I do think that things like removing sunglasses and making eye contact are much more important. ...

On a somewhat similar note, I have wondered about how our helmets affect how we are perceived. ....
I usually try to remember to take off sunglasses when I talk to someone, I think they are noticeably more friendly when I do that.

But I think that wearing a helmet is not an issue. That said, my helmet is only on when I am on the bike or am only off the bike a couple minutes. I might wear the helmet to go into a convenience store to buy an ice cream sandwich, but when I go to buy groceries, the helmet comes off. I have not noticed any difference in how people react to me whether the helmet is on or off. But when my helmet is on, I am more likely to catch my mirror on a door or something like that, thus I have a reason to want to take it off.

If I go into a store, my bike gloves come off before I leave the bike. They can be a bit disgusting looking if you are in a store handling things.

A month or two ago I mentioned that one local store that is in a high crime rate area does not want me to carry my handlebar bag in the store, they have a no packpack or bag policy. I was surprised how many people on this forum said they would boycott such a store. It does not bother me to follow their policy. My point is that I might be more willing to conform to social norms than others that might find such policies to be oppressive.

Back to helmets, I have gotten a few odd looks when I board an airplane with my helmet on. I do not want baggage handlers to have a chance to break it and if it does not fit in my carry on, I wear it onto a plane and put it in the overhead.

There might be a reason to keep your helmet on. In my former life I thought nothing of wearing a hard hat for 8 or 10 or more hours, and gave no thought to what I looked like when I took it off. But some women co-workers often commented on their helmet hair after a long shift. <I hope nobody takes offense at this, none was intended, just an observation.>
Old 03-03-22, 10:01 AM
gauvins

Just wanted to chime in WRT sunglasses. I often forgot that I was wearing glasses when striking a conversation with a pedestrian or fellow cyclist, and felt bad afterwards. To the point that I tend not to wear any, unless I ride into the sun.

Helmets are probably not a big deal. Eye contact is a different matter.

WRT close shave -- I am under the impression that close shave is going the way of the necktie. The 3-day stubble is increasingly popular.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.