Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Advantages of Using Integrated Wheel

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 12-28-21, 07:50 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

The main material of the body wheels is magnesium alloy or carbon fiber. It is heavier than spoke wheels and has greater inertia, which is conducive to fast riding. It is used to pursue speed on flat roads and is suitable for professional racing competitions. In addition, what are the advantages of integrated wheels?

1. One-piece wheel is a bearing rotating structure, which rotates very smoothly.

2. The stability is very good. In the riding process, the one-piece wheel is not easy to swing and does not need to be debugged.

3. Large inertia, suitable for racing competitions.

To sum up, if you have any supplements, please leave messages, and we will answer them for you at the first time.
Old 12-28-21, 08:48 PM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 268 Times in 189 Posts
I didn't think alloy wheels were that much heavier than spoked wheels but if more inertia is a feature, get them out of here. That's the last thing I want in my bike wheels.
Likes For Doc_Wui:
Old 12-28-21, 09:06 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Originally Posted by Doc_Wui
I didn't think alloy wheels were that much heavier than spoked wheels but if more inertia is a feature, get them out of here. That's the last thing I want in my bike wheels.
Thank you very much for your reply. Maybe the spoke wheel is a better choice for you.
Old 12-29-21, 11:08 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 603 Posts
Every article on handling of bikes, motorcycles etc that I've ever read, if it mentions the subject of unsprung weight, decries any additional weight as a negative influence to suspension performance, steering precision and every aspect of comfort and handling on a bike.

Last edited by 2old; 12-29-21 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-29-21, 12:43 PM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 448 Posts
It still depends on the type of riding you do.
If performance riding is what you do, looking to save every ounce of (rotational) weight; cast alloy wheels may not be the best suited for your purpose.
If you're looking for strong wheels that require minimal (wheel) maintenance and your riding is casual; cast (alloy) wheels may last you a long long time without worry.
Right tool for the right job.
Old 12-29-21, 01:08 PM
2old

Even for the most casual riding, any excess weight (especially in the wheels) deters from my enjoyment since it influences steering, magnifies every road imperfection and makes the cumbersome behemoth less enjoyable. I'm not talking about needing to be a weight weenie, just normal components. Of course maybe it's a big plus on the roller skating rink.
Old 12-29-21, 01:12 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked 945 Times in 552 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
Even for the most casual riding, any excess weight (especially in the wheels) deters from my enjoyment since it influences steering, magnifies every road imperfection and makes the cumbersome behemoth less enjoyable. I'm not talking about needing to be a weight weenie, just normal components. Of course maybe it's a big plus on the roller skating rink.
Plus those solid wheels tend to be very cheaply made thats why you see them on such low end e bikes.
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 12-29-21, 03:16 PM
2old

You mean like suspension components that are basically a stiff spring that controls input like a Pogo stick? Walmart is full of them.
Old 12-29-21, 06:57 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Originally Posted by cat0020
It still depends on the type of riding you do.
If performance riding is what you do, looking to save every ounce of (rotational) weight; cast alloy wheels may not be the best suited for your purpose.
If you're looking for strong wheels that require minimal (wheel) maintenance and your riding is casual; cast (alloy) wheels may last you a long long time without worry.
Right tool for the right job.
Thank you very much for your reply. You are right, the right tools are for the right work.
Old 12-29-21, 11:39 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4252 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
So are you here trying to spam or what? The posts you make while not actually selling anything are always odd. It is not really something to spark debate more just a sales pitch without a direct link to product.

For those looking spokes are handy. Being able to true a wheel is quite useful whereas a one piece wheel has to be made precisely otherwise it is a good boat anchor (potentially) and not useful as a wheel.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 12-30-21, 09:26 AM
late

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 12171 Post(s)
Liked 1,481 Times in 1,094 Posts
Just no.
Old 12-30-21, 09:35 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked 945 Times in 552 Posts
its like trying to sell a yugo to someone that owns a Porsche
Old 12-30-21, 11:08 AM
2old

Doesn't this go against the rules of the forum about advertising? Also, look at the site (that's what the posts are aiming for, obviously); there's no questions needed about those bikes. Time for the ignore function to be used.
Old 12-30-21, 06:57 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Originally Posted by AOSTIRMOTOR
Thank you very much for pointing out my shortcomings . And thank you for your reply. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Contact "us"? Why would multiple people need one account. Shortcomings are different from advertising.

Here is my question to everyone who uses your account, what is the point of the account?
Old 12-30-21, 08:02 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Doesn't this go against the rules of the forum about advertising? Also, look at the site (that's what the posts are aiming for, obviously); there's no questions needed about those bikes. Time for the ignore function to be used.
First of all, thank you for your reply. Secondly, I am very sorry to make you misunderstand that we are advertising. We just want to be able to communicate together. Finally, I wish you a happy day.
Old 12-30-21, 08:14 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Originally Posted by veganbikes
Contact "us"? Why would multiple people need one account. Shortcomings are different from advertising.

Here is my question to everyone who uses your account, what is the point of the account?
Thank you very much for your reply. Sorry for your misunderstanding, "we" here not only refers to my account, but refers to all accounts that you can see. And will pay attention to my words in the future. I wish you a happy day.
Old 12-31-21, 08:56 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by AOSTIRMOTOR
Thank you very much for your reply. Sorry for your misunderstanding, "we" here not only refers to my account, but refers to all accounts that you can see. And will pay attention to my words in the future. I wish you a happy day.
You are so nice thank you for that but I am still curious are you just a random person or do you work for a company that is trying to sell a e-bike brand.

Have a great new year!
Old 01-03-22, 11:49 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Every article on handling of bikes, motorcycles etc that I've ever read, if it mentions the subject of unsprung weight, decries any additional weight as a negative influence to suspension performance, steering precision and every aspect of comfort and handling on a bike.
Thank you for your reply. You're right.
Old 01-03-22, 11:52 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Thank you very much for your reply.
Old 01-03-22, 11:52 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
Plus those solid wheels tend to be very cheaply made thats why you see them on such low end e bikes.
Thank you very much for your reply. you are right.
Old 01-04-22, 08:22 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Topic of thread is: Advantages of Using Integrated Wheel.
How many posts actually provide info about topic of thread?
I'd like to think threads in this forum are informative and related to topic of thread.

I have used ebikes with cast wheels, I do find there are advantages to the usage of cast wheels over spoked wheels.
The cast wheels application on ebikes may not suit performance type cycling, but would a performance oriented cyclist really want to have lightweight wheels on a ebike with weight penalty of motor & battery?
For people who just want reliable wheels, minimal maintenance; they offer good alternatives to spoked wheels.
With the extra weight penalty factor in ebikes (vs regular bicycles) in general, weight of cast wheels really is not significant when you consider the weight of motor and battery.
With extra power output & weight of ebikes (vs regular bicycles), stronger (cast) wheels are really more ideal than (cheap) spoked wheels.
Old 01-04-22, 10:51 AM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 268 Times in 189 Posts
Electric or not, I can feel the weight of a steel rim or a heavy 4" wide tire, when riding. They're harder to pedal, and need more electrical power to help out.
Likes For Doc_Wui:
Old 01-04-22, 12:07 PM
2old

Who said cast wheels are stronger? Why would anyone on any bike for any purpose want a feature that is less safe, less comfortable, detracts from handling and can't be repaired? These were the issues discussed, but in addition, some responses rightfully addressed the question of whether the OP was trying to promote its business since the screen name is the name of a company.
Likes For 2old:
Old 01-04-22, 02:27 PM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Who said cast wheels are stronger? Why would anyone on any bike for any purpose want a feature that is less safe, less comfortable, detracts from handling and can't be repaired? These were the issues discussed, but in addition, some responses rightfully addressed the question of whether the OP was trying to promote its business since the screen name is the name of a company.
I did, as an ebike owner that comes with cast wheels.

Just how exactly do you consider a cast wheel to be less safe, less comfortable and detract from handling?

Millions of cars & motorcycles have cast wheels, if they are in deed, as you said; less safe, less comfortable and detract from handling; wouldn't they have gone obsolete a long time ago?

Regardless of OP's screen name, the thread title clearly indicate the thread topic, do you have anything to contribute or related to thread topic?
Old 01-04-22, 02:41 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 3868 Post(s)
Liked 2,560 Times in 1,574 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
You are so nice thank you for that but I am still curious are you just a random person or do you work for a company that is trying to sell a e-bike brand.
Thank you for saying it. OP is like one of those anonymous blogs that generates "content" yet shares nothing on a personal level. But also sells no specific products, so the purpose is a mystery...
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498
Likes For ThermionicScott:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.