Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Replacement Grips

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Replacement Grips

Old 05-09-22, 05:49 AM
Basstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Replacement Grips

I’ve purchased a pair of the ergonomic grips for my old Schwinn mountain bike. These are the type that have the somewhat flat palm area. No matter how tightly I attach them to the handle bar they will not stay in place. They gradually spin around and also gradually work their way off of the bar. Is this something I will have to live with or are there brands that will tighten in place and remain in place? Thanks
Old 05-09-22, 06:33 AM
nodnerb

Bikes: 2022 Marin Team Marin 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 10 Posts
I've never had that happen with any clamp on grips. What did you buy? I've used lizard skins, cane creek, and several others. Right now have diety knuckledusters on my bike and no movement either.
Old 05-09-22, 06:39 AM
Basstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by nodnerb
I've never had that happen with any clamp on grips. What did you buy? I've used lizard skins, cane creek, and several others. Right now have diety knuckledusters on my bike and no movement either.
Thank you so very much.

The brand is Yakamoz from Amazon.

I’ll try a different brand. These drive me nuts. 😀
Old 05-09-22, 07:19 AM
nodnerb

Bikes: 2022 Marin Team Marin 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 10 Posts
You might want to look for dual lock grips if you are having troubles. Ones that have a locking ring on either side of the grip.
Likes For nodnerb:
Old 05-09-22, 07:40 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3185 Post(s)
Liked 2,020 Times in 1,158 Posts
Ergon makes a very nice grip with a flat portion for the palm, I find them very comfortable and worth the price. They tighten with a set screw. You can get them with or without the bar ends.

Grips – Tagged "Comfort / Touring" – Ergon Bike
Likes For Steve B.:
Old 05-09-22, 10:03 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4253 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
Go down to your local shop and get some Ergon grips. Don't mess around with knockoffs on Billionaire Jeff Bezos' Amazon if it isn't a real brand skip it. You should be able to search on the google for the brand and it comes up first. Yakoff Smrinov was a comedian not a brand of grips.

I put Ergon grips on all of my flat bar bikes, I wouldn't use any other brand for myself. The only other grips I use is ESI on the extensions on my Koga Denham bar because I didn't want to tape.
Likes For veganbikes: