Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

What's an EggRider?

Old 12-19-21, 12:19 PM
Winfried

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 98 Posts
Question What's an EggRider?

Hello,

I have an e-bike that actually has a 500W motor curbed to 250W per European regulations. When fully loaded, it's a bit weak in really steep hills.

AFAIU, an EggRider could remove that power limit. The 25 kph speed limit suits me fine, but I could use more power/torque.

Am I correct in understanding that an EggRider is a display + software alternative to what's shipped with an e-bike, for when the software can't (easily) be tweaked, ie. motor ↔ controller ↔ display ?

Thank you.

--
Edit: So, apparently, it is a different firmware, that stands between the controller and the battery, and lets the user enjoy features not available in the stock firmware such as removing the 250W limit for those who need it.

Last edited by Winfried; 12-20-21 at 04:19 AM.