Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Specialized tire questions

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-21, 02:16 PM
geepondy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

I just bought the Specialized Roubaix (base edition). The Specialized web site says the bike comes with Specialized Turbo Sport tires, the website where I bought the bike says it comes with Specialized Espoir Sport, the writing on the actual tire says Roadsport with the word "Endurant" in red (all tires, 700x28). These are all three separate tires, correct? Is the tire that's actually on the bike, the Roadsport, the weakest of the three? Is it worth replacing those with my barely used Continental 700x32 all seasons? Puncture resistance is a strong attribute I look for.

Hopefully none of the other claimed bike parts, saddle, seat post, etc. are misleading as well.
Old 09-06-21, 02:26 PM
asgelle

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 450 Times in 264 Posts
Originally Posted by geepondy
Hopefully none of the other claimed bike parts, saddle, seat post, etc. are misleading as well.
Perhaps you missed this, https://www.specialized.com/us/en/ro...=293288-184477
"* Specifications are subject to change without notice"
Old 09-06-21, 02:55 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3657 Post(s)
Liked 5,393 Times in 2,738 Posts
Relax and ride the tires. When they wear out you can replace them with whatever.
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 09-06-21, 04:08 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1741 Post(s)
Liked 1,369 Times in 718 Posts
I just got a set of Espoir Sport tires from a customer who rode them for a week on his new Roubaix and replaced them with the Roubaix tires. I have one hundred miles on them and will testify that they pretty much suck eggs. They are slow and don't accelerate well either. My guess it that they will wear relatively quickly, too.
The tires I normally ride are the cheapo Continental Ultra Sport. They are no match for the GP 4000 or 5000 by any means, but they are better than these Espoir Sports, plus the Contis wear very well.
Old 09-07-21, 08:15 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6178 Post(s)
Liked 4,795 Times in 3,307 Posts
My Tarmac came with Specialized Turbo Pro's or Cottons. Not sure now since I tossed them the other day since they were taking up shelf space and I'd never put them back on.

They rode fine for grip and comfort. But 3 puncture flats in less than 3 hundred miles was enough. The GP 5000's I replaced them with have 3500 miles and no flats.

However all tire models are different, so yours might do you well. However Specialized's tires seem a little high priced for what you get. IMO.

Just ride them until they give you enough reasons to not like them. If they wear out before that then get some more. Obviously they work well for you then.

Last edited by Iride01; 09-07-21 at 08:21 AM.