Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-22, 09:52 AM
geomiko

Bikes: Surly Steamroller 48/17 | Aventon Cordoba 48/15 | Cramerotti TVT Ultra 48/13 | 2016 State Bicycle Co. Black Label

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 142 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Thats a really neat find. I have seen pics of the stem, but haven't read into why there are giant shaped holes. Whats the reason?
Thanks, I've been looking for one for a while. I've seen them hyped up on the internet, and finally got one in person for a decent price. It'll definitely add some 'fixie points' to the build. Yesterday after I brought it home, I looked it up on Cinelli's website. The giant holes are showing off the fancy CNC machining they did to the stem. Pretty high tech back then. Also, 'pin up girl' stickers were available for the stems to cover all that empty space, pictured at bottom left. There's a pretty hot one of Pamela Anderson that Mario Cipolini famously used.

Old 04-04-22, 12:46 PM
DirtyDuff90

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I finally brought my old Miele Alba LX Cromor frame into a bike welder to get my dropouts fixed. One of the dropouts snapped a couple years ago after I put modern wheels on it. I am looking forward to trying my hand at stripping and painting it after!
Old 04-04-22, 01:22 PM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 438 Posts
Dakine 8L water bag for my trail bike. No more wiggling bottles!
Old 04-04-22, 04:08 PM
GeneO 

Bikes: 2018 Roubaix Expert Di2, 2016 Diverge Expert X1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 105 Posts
Smith Trace Mips with discounts.

Old 04-05-22, 06:31 AM
Longbowsafari

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Varia Radar. Would like to use my iphoe too with it but I can't find a mount to fit 4" diameter handlbars.
Old 04-05-22, 08:30 AM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked 1,392 Times in 710 Posts
Originally Posted by Longbowsafari
Varia Radar. Would like to use my iphoe too with it but I can't find a mount to fit 4" diameter handlbars.
4” diameter ?!? or circumference?
Old 04-05-22, 08:30 AM
Jack Tone 

Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 165 Posts
Originally Posted by Longbowsafari
Damn! you must have Big hands!
Old 04-05-22, 03:11 PM
Longbowsafari

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Circumference, sorry!
Old 04-05-22, 03:14 PM
Longbowsafari

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
LOL! I meant circumference. I am thinking now there is no room on the handle bars. How about the bar in front of the seat? Anyone strap one there?

Thank you!
Old 04-05-22, 03:50 PM
Nachoman
well hello there

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 206 Posts

Rapha Men's Pro Team Long Sleeve Training Jersey

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Old 04-05-22, 04:52 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Nachoman

Rapha Men's Pro Team Long Sleeve Training Jersey

I picked up the other color combo, that's on closeout, a couple weeks ago. I'm really liking it - I typically wear sun sleeves, but I've been looking for lighter weight LS jerseys, instead. While the front panels of the torso of the LS version aren't as breezy as the SS version, I think that it'll still be breathable enough for year-round wear.
Old 04-06-22, 02:43 PM
Nachoman
well hello there

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Originally Posted by WhyFi
I picked up the other color combo, that's on closeout, a couple weeks ago. I'm really liking it - I typically wear sun sleeves, but I've been looking for lighter weight LS jerseys, instead. While the front panels of the torso of the LS version aren't as breezy as the SS version, I think that it'll still be breathable enough for year-round wear.
I got mine a few weeks ago too, on sale for 80 or 90. And it's much much lighter than I anticipated.
Since I also always wear sleeves, it seems perfect, for even the hottest, most scorching day.

Old 04-06-22, 03:28 PM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 118 Posts
Pretty funny- I just received the blue version today! I also wear sun sleeves or a full-sleeve jersey, almost always.
Old 04-08-22, 02:22 PM
geomiko

Bikes: Surly Steamroller 48/17 | Aventon Cordoba 48/15 | Cramerotti TVT Ultra 48/13 | 2016 State Bicycle Co. Black Label

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 142 Times in 40 Posts
Got some patches in the mail today:

Likes For geomiko:
Old 04-24-22, 08:29 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 1,008 Posts
Garmin Varia RVR315, picked it up on sale $50 off.

Old 04-25-22, 07:12 PM
tajimirich

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
I got a few things lately but I'll highlight a Wahoo Bolt, 1st gen... it's well used but it's a tough unit and it is working as new, seemingly. i've been filling out my strava with it and it's nice to see my 'heatmap' spreading out.. i've found that i only really want to see total distance, current speed and some climbing stats on regular rides...

this is all paused though, as my smartphone detached from my quadlock (never, never recommended) for the third time in 2 years the other day and third time was the charm.
Old 04-25-22, 07:29 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Originally Posted by tajimirich
...this is all paused though, as my smartphone detached from my quadlock (never, never recommended) for the third time in 2 years the other day and third time was the charm.
This is concerning... On road or off?

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 04-25-22, 07:38 PM
tajimirich

Originally Posted by jaxgtr
This is concerning... On road or off?
Buckle up...

1st time (late summer last year): End of a 50km ride, streaking down a sloped main road in Tokyo, roll over a rough patch of heavily pitted bitumen and the phone shakes loose. i believe it's because the blue lever thing was shaken violently and rapidly enough to activate the detachment.
I contacted QuadLock and they said 'sorry, it must have been your error, these locks are used on mountain bikes and motorcycles"... i pointed out that mountain bikes and motorcycles both have much more suspension than aluminium road bikes... no dice. brand new phone cracked.

2nd time (a few weeks ago): Going along a disappointingly pitted riverside road in nagoya, the phone detaches and i need to ask a truck driver to help me get it out from under his truck. happily the phone is not badly damaged.

3rd and final time: I'm going down a hill with a pretty dirty median, it's a straight drag and my Wahoo later tells me i was going about 60kmph, i hear a little noise and realize that my phone has detached again, though the road was quite smooth there were heaps of little rocks and stones on the median and i believe that, going at 60kmph, that slight juggle would have been enough to force the detachment.

in all of these instances it was after long rides over rough roads which didn't undo the lock - so it wasn't a case of me attaching the thing incorrectly or anything.
Old 04-25-22, 07:47 PM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
some bits for my build

Likes For the sci guy:
Old 04-25-22, 09:29 PM
jaxgtr

Buckle up...

1st time (late summer last year): End of a 50km ride, streaking down a sloped main road in Tokyo, roll over a rough patch of heavily pitted bitumen and the phone shakes loose. i believe it's because the blue lever thing was shaken violently and rapidly enough to activate the detachment.
I contacted QuadLock and they said 'sorry, it must have been your error, these locks are used on mountain bikes and motorcycles"... i pointed out that mountain bikes and motorcycles both have much more suspension than aluminium road bikes... no dice. brand new phone cracked.

2nd time (a few weeks ago): Going along a disappointingly pitted riverside road in nagoya, the phone detaches and i need to ask a truck driver to help me get it out from under his truck. happily the phone is not badly damaged.

3rd and final time: I'm going down a hill with a pretty dirty median, it's a straight drag and my Wahoo later tells me i was going about 60kmph, i hear a little noise and realize that my phone has detached again, though the road was quite smooth there were heaps of little rocks and stones on the median and i believe that, going at 60kmph, that slight juggle would have been enough to force the detachment.

in all of these instances it was after long rides over rough roads which didn't undo the lock - so it wasn't a case of me attaching the thing incorrectly or anything.
Wow.. I have them on several bikes, not had any issues with them, but I will be much more attentive. Most of my riding is on pretty smooth asphalt, but occasionally I am offroad.

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 04-26-22, 07:35 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 438 Posts
A pair of Black Bibs (Ultimate) to replace my 2 year old Louis Garneau ones. The pad seems just a little thicker and the quality seems to be great for the price. I hope my sensitive arse will like it.
Old 04-26-22, 06:48 PM
tajimirich

A few weeks ago i bought a wahoo bolt (mentioned here before) at the same time i bought a fitbit 5... total impulse purchase, i thought it would partner the bolt very well... i've realized that they both basically do the same thing and i don't want to wear a fitbit all day every day, but i'm so ashamed by my impulse purchase that i dare not touch it let alone resell it woe is me
Old 04-26-22, 07:24 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
A few weeks ago i bought a wahoo bolt (mentioned here before) at the same time i bought a fitbit 5... total impulse purchase, i thought it would partner the bolt very well... i've realized that they both basically do the same thing and i don't want to wear a fitbit all day every day, but i'm so ashamed by my impulse purchase that i dare not touch it let alone resell it woe is me
Fitbits and Bolts are very different animals - they do work well together, but the fitbit does need to be worn 24/7, more or less.
Likes For WhyFi:
Old 04-26-22, 07:28 PM
tajimirich

Originally Posted by WhyFi
Fitbits and Bolts are very different animals - they do work well together, but the fitbit does need to be worn 24/7, more or less.
yeah i think that's my problem, just can't give pride of place to a fitbit, i love the watch my wife bought me too much and i don't want to have a watch on either wrist also i think the strap is a small size or somesuch, i'm on the final eyelet and it's pretty tight

i've been without a smartphone for the last 24 hours or so and i was thinking the fitbit5 might actually be a pretty useful tool for navigating - the first generation wahoo bolt doesn't have fully featured gps - but i think it would still need a smartphone to calibrate so yeah, i'm grounded for the moment...

(whoa, extremely animated talker next to me in starbucks totally throwing off my focus)
Old 05-04-22, 07:11 PM
Nachoman
well hello there

I just bought this Leyzne Travel Floor Drive for traveling.
I found packing a full size pump was just too much.

Likes For Nachoman:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.