Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Interesting Article About Cycling and Aging

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Interesting Article About Cycling and Aging

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-22, 05:10 AM
jlmonte

Bikes: Colnago Brain, Master Bi-Titanio, Vitus 979, Specialized Roubaix, Salsa Marrakesh, and a couple of Treks

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
Pioneers!
Interesting link from the original post and discussion. Some how my ADD got me researching the Donnor party. Though the decision to bike indoors (I’m sticking to Zwift currently) pales in comparison to making a bad decision that results in a stranded winter in the mountains. Consequently, enjoying a tough ride at this point is about living, rather than life or death.
Old 01-11-22, 09:06 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 4422 Post(s)
Liked 4,526 Times in 3,028 Posts
I try to ride everyday but some days the legs say no. The good thing is the next ride will be twice as good from the rest day.
Old 01-12-22, 05:25 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4403 Post(s)
Liked 4,853 Times in 3,002 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel
I try to ride everyday but some days the legs say no. The good thing is the next ride will be twice as good from the rest day.
It's worth remembering that rest and recovery is when you actually gain fitness. As we get older we need more recovery time too. That's one of the main differences between young and old.
Old 01-13-22, 11:03 AM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by jlmonte
Interesting link from the original post and discussion. Some how my ADD got me researching the Donnor party. Though the decision to bike indoors (I’m sticking to Zwift currently) pales in comparison to making a bad decision that results in a stranded winter in the mountains. Consequently, enjoying a tough ride at this point is about living, rather than life or death.
This morning, I found a custom workout I made for myself on Zwift called Patty Reed's Doll. Forgot all about it, don't know what I was thinking about when I named it that.
Old 01-14-22, 05:22 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4403 Post(s)
Liked 4,853 Times in 3,002 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
This morning, I found a custom workout I made for myself on Zwift called Patty Reed's Doll. Forgot all about it, don't know what I was thinking about when I named it that.
Maybe you were thinking about Patty Reed's Doll?