Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

two fulgz rides now

Old 12-26-21, 06:59 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked 1,179 Times in 686 Posts
two fulgz rides now

So, just to complete more of the picture i finally got the FulGaz to work. Both of the rides i did were filmed from a bike which was very obvious. Comparing these rides with the few i;ve done in Rouvy i would say the FulGaz ones are of a higher quality becasue the ride was filmed at bike speed. The only thing i didn't like about the bike film version was the inherent swaying of the camera, it became annoying at times but after a while i think i forot about it.

I think the grade indicator was not as good, it was much more difficult to tell exactly what was coming up, especially for the ride i did which was a bit windy, could not see far down the road.

grade transitions were very smooth as expected. not liking the UI though. it was a bit sparse, and spread out, some on the left, some on the right. I wish these apps would allow those bits to be moved around.

i was able to add one virtual rider names bill or bob or something or other. what was nice was i could configure his ability. This i would find very useful to force me to ride harder. this is what i like about Rouvy but they allow multiple other riders as well as my former self.

oh, one last bit...out of the box the default configuration for the trainer was a setting called "steady." not having a clue what that meant or that there even was a setting like that i rode that way. it was absolutely horrible and a very bad setting to default to. select "reactive" if you give it a go. reactive is just that, the trainer will react to the grade of the route. steady just means ride the way the route was filmed. i really thought there was something wrong with the app and was about to toss it in the trash but the route was short so i wanted to finish. after that i found the setting and tried to start another ride but the app lost the connections to everything and nothing i could do would get them back so just went Rouvy instead.
Old 12-26-21, 10:19 PM
tempocyclist

Bikes: 2002 Trek 5200 (US POSTAL), 2020 Canyon Aeroad SL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked 679 Times in 327 Posts
Switch to the bike computer view! 😀

https://support.fulgaz.com/hc/en-us/...-Bike-Computer
Old 12-27-21, 12:49 AM
spelger

Seems That was the default view. Did not like it. Thanks anyway.
Old 12-27-21, 03:09 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4384 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 2,981 Posts
I like the video quality on FulGaz, but the UI is a bit primitive. It also fails to connect to my Polar HRM over BT for some reason, while other Apps connect to it without any issue. So for those reasons I prefer Rouvy for video based rides.
Old 12-30-21, 02:33 PM
spelger

I just finished what will probably be my last ride. It was one of the FulGaz favorites called Hintersee. It started out nice but when the climb came near the last 1/3 it quickly became crap. the first 2/3 were essentially flat so not much grade change. but later during the climb the grade reported was nothing like what was being simulated. at times i was struggling to ride a 2.6% grade but other times i was flying up 15% grades, then the simulated grade suddenly would probably match the displayed grade...weird. I don't understand how this can be considered one of the good rides.