Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Official CAT 6 racing thread

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Official CAT 6 racing thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-22, 07:44 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 540 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
What, no takers yet? I guess i'll post something to get the memories jogged.
I don't want to brag but... i placed 2nd in the very first "annual" bike races held in and by my city. The race has turned into a kind of big thing (over the past 50 years). I wish I would have kept the ribbon they gave me.
Likes For TakingMyTime:
Old 08-28-22, 04:01 PM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
I once blew by a Ferrari in my 1981 Datsun 310.
Likes For Kapusta:
Old 08-28-22, 04:48 PM
brianmcg123

Bikes: 2013 Trek Madone; 2008 Surly Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Looks given, hamers droped, 400w dialed up to.....
And don't forget, We are going to yell at you.
Likes For brianmcg123:
Old 08-28-22, 07:26 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,062 Times in 1,080 Posts
Originally Posted by Kapusta
I once blew by a Ferrari in my 1981 Datsun 310.
​​​​​I was entering an on ramp onto I-465 in Indianapolis, driving my lovely Renault Le Car, when i noticed a Ferrari on my ass. I floored it. Nothing much happened, at least not right away, but by the end of that ramp the Le Car was leaning mightily. Renaults have about three feet of suspension travel, and the left side was fully compressed whilst the right side was fully extended. I think about halfway around the ramp when Ferrari guy realized something was up, and he got right on my ass. He could have easily passed, but he was probably concerned the Le Car might roll or explode. When the lane opened up, he exploded around on the left. I managed a peek at the license plate despite white knuckling the padded steering wheel, and it said CART 1. I assumed it was the current CART champion at the time, which would have been Bobby Rahal. So yeah, I held off Bobby Rahal for a corner.
Likes For downtube42:
Old 08-28-22, 07:40 PM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube42
​​​​​I was entering an on ramp onto I-465 in Indianapolis, driving my lovely Renault Le Car, when i noticed a Ferrari on my ass. I floored it. Nothing much happened, at least not right away, but by the end of that ramp the Le Car was leaning mightily. Renaults have about three feet of suspension travel, and the left side was fully compressed whilst the right side was fully extended. I think about halfway around the ramp when Ferrari guy realized something was up, and he got right on my ass. He could have easily passed, but he was probably concerned the Le Car might roll or explode. When the lane opened up, he exploded around on the left. I managed a peek at the license plate despite white knuckling the padded steering wheel, and it said CART 1. I assumed it was the current CART champion at the time, which would have been Bobby Rahal. So yeah, I held off Bobby Rahal for a corner.
Seriously, you OWNED him!!
Old 08-28-22, 09:57 PM
Joearch

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito CV Disc Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 32 Posts
I will bite on the CL pre owned bike. I needed a second (third really) bike to have up for my 4-5 week visits at the lake house in Northern Michigan. Great riding and a decent riding group in the family that share the the house. Found a 5 year lightly used Bianchi Intenso from a super sweet roadie. Great deal and wonderful ride. Put about 5-600 fun miles in and can’t wait for a fall trip back. No more shipping back and forth. Spent the weeks with some decent competitive rides with my sister in law and locals in a heavenly place to ride.
Old 08-28-22, 10:13 PM
jon c. 

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1591 Post(s)
Liked 1,018 Times in 571 Posts
I blew past a guy today and left him in my dust. I'm not sure if he knew we were racing, but the kid in the child seat sure knew it was on.
Likes For jon c.: