Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Shimano Steps E6100-cant set clock to 12 hour time

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 12-19-22, 09:24 PM
Rebel45

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi All,
Riding a Marin Sausalito E-Bike, good bike. I like it. But the clock constantly resets to 24 hour time, even when I set it at 12 hour time. Is there a way to change the default from 24 time to 12 hour time? It's Shimano Steps E6100...their manual sucks. So I randomly run through all the settings (starting w/clock of course) to no avail.
Can someone help?
Thank you.
Rebel45
Old 12-20-22, 12:05 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4252 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
I would take it to your local Shimano dealer and see if they can plug it into the E-tube software and maybe something is set within there. It has been a long time since I have played with Shimano STEPS and don't have one anywhere nearby to look at but in a lot of cases some stuff is set at the factory and has to be dealt with with the dealer diagnostic software. There could also be an error that is causing that issue or it needs firmware update or a hard reset or maybe all of the above.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 12-20-22, 07:25 AM
Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 526 Posts
It's interesting that small things like this can irritate us so much, I have a cyclometer that measures speed in kmh only, despite what the manual says. I've learned to compensate for it, but still it's an irritation. As to your issue, I would be irritated if I could not set the time to 24 hour. Anyway, veganbikes has a great suggestion. Good luck on your quest to enable an ambiguous time standard.
Likes For Moe Zhoost:
Old 12-25-22, 11:50 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked 821 Times in 570 Posts
My Fiido L3 switches from kph to mph as it sees fit. It's annoying, but I eventually learned to ignore it. It was driving me crazy tbh, especially since I know how to set the display to select either. I also unlocked it to 20mph, so at least that doesn't change. It's a cheap ebike (all things considered), more like a seated escooter w/pedals, but it's a fun little bugger.