Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Best hippy bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-23, 10:30 AM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 3,424 Times in 2,532 Posts
That's a great build actually. Makes me jealous with my CrossCheck that I built about a nanosecond before Surly came out with the Straggler
Likes For RubeRad:
Old 01-31-23, 05:45 PM
PDKL45

Bikes: Merida Speeder

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by RubeRad
That's a great build actually. Makes me jealous with my CrossCheck that I built about a nanosecond before Surly came out with the Straggler
It's cool alright. So if I was OP, I would be looking to make the orange bike into something like that. OP's idea of a hippie bike seems to be more like a utility grocery getter/bikepacker I think, and inspiration will likely come from that direction.
Likes For PDKL45:
Old 02-02-23, 01:40 AM
SkinGriz
Live not by lies.

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 784 Times in 582 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel
One of these will become a hippy bike. I’m leaning towards the one speed with flat pedals great with a pair of Chuck Taylors. Since I no longer train on bikes because I’m burned out. The focus of the a bike now is utility like cruising around the campground or cruising to get a 6 pack or a spin to a swimming hole. Maintaining 6 bikes is too expensive and too much of a PITA. Since I’m into walking and hiking now the bike is more for fun. Install the hippy bike with a bag frame and gas tank style bag with the standard seat post bag. Water bottle cages and a nite rider light mount. The stuff I already have no no expenses. A cruiser so to speak. Simplifying activities to where they are actually fun and not a chore. Recharge everything I guess you can say. Focus on one bike the rest are going into storage for my questionable sanity before I go insane . Going back to the KISS concept, Keep It Simple Stupid. Suggestions?

Found this ice cold renegade I feel obligated to drink it lol. Hiding behind the bottled water.

After a few energy drinks I decided to ride all my bikes so be it. But there will be a hippy bike in the stable.
Maybe just put a basket on one of those bikes and use it to run errands?

Is your distance to town reasonable to ride?

Do you have any hard time commitments that would make errands by bike un feasible?

In your area, are you likely to get run over?
Old 02-06-23, 04:22 PM
Calsun
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 382 Times in 288 Posts
What is a "hippy bike"? Sound like a cruiser bike for people with a huge buttocks.