Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Winter Cycling
Reload this Page >

Found A Good Cold Weather Mask

Search
Notices
Winter Cycling Don't let snow and ice discourage you this winter. The key element to year-round cycling is proper attire! Check out this winter cycling forum to chat with other ice bike fanatics.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-22, 02:53 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked 1,619 Times in 1,039 Posts

Not that I really ride in cold weather around here, Central Texas. But I do suffer the same problems that many of my Northern Buddies do when taking my short rides in the winter. Fogged up Glasses being the worst. I also have pulmonary concerns that are aggravated by cold air... Ya Da Ya Da...

Anyway this mask "Oakley Msk3" has given me some good use. It does not fit tight to the face so there is a fair area in front of my mouth and nose to pre-warm the air a little. I pulled out the filter and made another from "ShameWow" material. It makes it easy to breath and I can just pull it out and wash it after a ride. This is very convenient as the inside of my masks are pretty messy after a ride. I don't know if this mask would work in freezing weather but at 35°F to 45°F it is pretty dam good...

Oakley womens Oakley Msk3 Anti-fog Face Mask (fits my big face just fine)