Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Peugeot CarboLite DBS Cadre "Evasion"

Old 11-21-21, 11:09 PM
amysfriend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Peugeot CarboLite DBS Cadre "Evasion"

Cleaning out the shed after Dad passed, I came across this bike. I hate to give up on anything. Can anyone provide some insights?
Having difficulty attaching files but got a pdf attached with one image.

What's she worth? Is it worth fixing up?

Here's some of the other text on the frame:

DBS Cadre Frame
CARBOLITE.
TUBING MADE IN CANADA
Shimano 70 GS
"Evasion"
LABBE Design
500 ISS PRO CYCLE SYSTEM
5 03 / 1.6 ??
Rim of tire has: RIG?? INC 700C

Condition: a couple minor rust spots on body.
The chain and gear system are pretty dirty (sand) and have rust
Tires rotate fine
Color is dark blue frame with green logos stuck on
I can't see a serial number, but could be looking in wrong location.
We're from the NE around Boston and he was a boater.
It's a heavy baby!!

Thanks for any suggestions!
Best, Amy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Peugeot-the-Shed2.pdf (7.41 MB, 17 views)
Old 11-22-21, 06:31 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The Evasion was Peugeot's entry level, hybrid style bicycle, intended for recreational road and light off-road cycling. It was manufactured in Quebec by Procycle. DBS is the ancronym for Direct Brazing Cystem, Porcycle's lugless system for joining the frame tubes. ISS was Procycle's frame sizing system (sorry, I forget exactly what it stood for), introduced circa 1991. There were three frame sizes: 450, 500 & 550, which were designed to accommodate riders from 4'10" to 6'3". The frames were designed around a common length head tube, allowing the cost savings of only stocking only one fork size (i.e. steerer tube length). Frame size variation was achieved by altering the length and slope of the tube tube in conjunction with the seat tube length. ISS 500 was intended for an average portioned cyclist of 5'4" to 5"7". Carbloite was Peugeot's hi-tensile steel tubing.

Based on the Shimano 70GS, I believe what you have is a 1992 model. That year, the Evasion was Peugeot's bottom of the line hybrid and had an MSRP of ~ $300 US. Value will be dependent on several factors, mainly the cosmetic and mechanical condition. Clean, good condition samples in ready-to -ride condition would fetch around $100 US in most markets.

Based
Old 11-22-21, 07:51 PM
amysfriend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks VERY much for the information. I'm super impressed with how thorough it is (-:
Have a good Tday
Amy