Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Motorcycle trials or bike trials?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-21, 09:08 PM
Flaw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Does anyone still do trials anymore? Seems like a dead part of biking to me but I could be wrong. I think motorcycle trials is easier with a throttle and everything but it is heavier. Did anyone here do anything with trials or own a trials bike? This may not contribute much here but it was a conversation my friend and I had
Old 11-30-21, 09:47 PM
Bmach

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 162 Posts
I’m curious about the answers.
Likes For Bmach:
Old 11-30-21, 09:57 PM
Rolla

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 3,270 Times in 1,439 Posts
While observed trials events like those that Hans Rey used to dominate in the 90s seem to be on the wane, the new school riders like Danny MacAskill are pushing street trials into totally new realms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj6ho1-G6tw

That said, here's a video from the 2019 NA Trials Championship:
​​​​​​​
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/north-...hips-2019.html

I don't know much about motorcycle trials, but there's still a good-sized contingent of riders around here who compete.
Likes For Rolla:
Old 12-01-21, 10:34 AM
Gravel Rider

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 63 Posts
Heck yeah!
Our club hosted a world round in 2019 and the nationals this year. Everything is cicular with interest in trials making a comeback. It's not for everyone though.
Likes For Gravel Rider:
Old 12-01-21, 11:23 AM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,102 Times in 1,366 Posts
I think Danny Mac has certainly increased interest in doing tricks on bikes, but you are surely going to see more videos, and fewer competitions following rule books.

If there aren't already electric trials bikes there will be soon. Pedals or not. It seems like a perfect place to have electric power that needs no clutch to make torque and has a pretty wide range of rpm without needing to shift
Genesis 49:16-17
Likes For Darth Lefty:
Old 12-01-21, 10:08 PM
Flaw

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yeah, Danny has definitely made street trials a very large interest of the biking community but I believe trials events may be dying more than the sport itself. Electric trials are probably on the horizon considering how far modern biking has come. Excited to see if maybe it's a new big thing
Old 12-01-21, 11:11 PM
wesmamyke

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
I think Danny Mac has certainly increased interest in doing tricks on bikes, but you are surely going to see more videos, and fewer competitions following rule books.

If there aren't already electric trials bikes there will be soon. Pedals or not. It seems like a perfect place to have electric power that needs no clutch to make torque and has a pretty wide range of rpm without needing to shift
They have already made a big push with electric trials stuff. Regular motocross style bikes too from what I've seen. My understanding is California is going to make it very difficult to produce/sell anything 2stroke.

lots of trials content, bike, moto, electric and the odd video where he drives RC cars while riding a unicycle: https://www.youtube.com/c/PatSmage/videos
Likes For wesmamyke: