Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Most breathable bike rainwear?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Most breathable bike rainwear?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-21, 11:35 AM
Broctoon
Super-duper Genius

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 984 Times in 508 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged
To defend the OP my understanding of the real value add for a forum like this is to ask the community best practices and look for solutions to problems. We all know Google manipulates search results and a vast majority of responses are nothing but advertising. Reviews in most of the cycling websites are literally cut and paste from the manufacturers marketing pieces.
This.

Ask Google a question about any consumer product, and what you get is a good sampling of the companies that have nailed SEO. Ask a forum the same question, and you get a wide range of responses, many of them from people who have practical experience with the specific topic you're researching.
Likes For Broctoon:
Old 10-27-21, 05:04 PM
shrtdstncrdr

Bikes: Trek Millennia, Trek 400, Raleigh Superbe, Giant OCR3, Bianchi Milano

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 41 Posts
I can wreck a good jacket rather quickly on either motorcycles, scooters or bicycles. For whatever reason I get caught on one thing or another. Oh, it's torn there now? Out comes the stitching repair kit.

The latest find was at Kohl's labelled as Zero Exposure. It isn't perfect but good enough to keep me relatively dry in a light rain on shorter rides under, say, ten miles. I keep finding stuff that's priced well enough and lasts a few seasons in that store. I've never been a no pain/no gain guy so you won't find me out riding much below forty degrees. Because, you know, there's always that guy who isn't versed enough in aesthetics to know if he's got the right gear, the right components, etc. But Kohl's. If you have those near you, check out some of their stuff. They surprised me, they may surprise you.
Likes For shrtdstncrdr:
Old 10-30-21, 11:14 AM
Calsun
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 382 Times in 288 Posts
Best overall in terms of being breathable is a rain cape. Second best is Gortex pants and jacket although the pants could be regular waterproof ones as most perspiration will be from the upper torso.

I rode in the rain a great deal when in college but as a working adult I do not ride in the rain. It is dangerous enough with so many distracted drivers on the road and when it rains their ability to see a bicycle is greatly reduced. One single incident could end your bicycling for the rest of your life. Go for a drive in your car when it is raining hard and see for yourself how visible bicyclists are in those conditions.
Likes For Calsun: