Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

W/Kg units, why this metric?

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

W/Kg units, why this metric?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-21, 04:25 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,687 Times in 2,510 Posts
I haven't been climbing much in zwift, I have resolved to do more. The one time I tried Ventoux, I wasn't actually expecting to climb it, so it was a lot harder than what I expected or wanted. Have to try it again knowing it's going to suck.
Old 02-03-21, 05:46 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,179 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Or you do what I did one crazy night last month - do the Reverse KOM (which is harder, BTW!) all the way to the arch, then turn around and ride back to the turn off for the Radio Tower, and do that. I don't know what I was thinking, because the Reverse KOM doesn't have any of those little flat bits the forward version has and I was tired already.
i have done this twice now because i was close enough to snag a jersey (must have been slow days). the reverse KOM has a relatively flat section on the last switch back before the last climb to the arch and also a descent after the second switch back. but you are right, this is harder. i like the fact that they added the shortcut road from the end of the KOM to the end of the reverse KOM. it allows me to ride them in quick succession without having to go so far that i am too tired to climb again.
Old 02-04-21, 08:39 AM
clasher

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
i've only ridden that hill in france twice so i don't have a very good memory of it but i do recall it being much steeper in sections but also much flatter in others compared to the alpe. maybe i am remembering wrong and i need to climb it again.

the alpe is easier in my opinion. i happen to like the added info on the ride. what is missing is previous times/powers/hr.

<rand>i don't know why they need to limit this stuff to the last 30 days. just shove the latest data into an xml file and load, update when done.</rant>
Yeah the alpe is easier since it's usually over quicker I think overall Ventoux is a little less steep but there are definitely a few nasty steep spots where it hits 14%! It seems like the alpe has a lot of 10-12% stuff and is a bit more steep overall, at least looking at the entire segments. I think both are steeper in the first halves of their climbs too. Ventoux can be harder to pace since it's a lot longer.