Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Gitane 1980's

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-21, 04:21 PM
billmckay

Bikes: Specialized Allez Pro(2003); 1994 Cannondale R 800

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Gitane 1980's

I ran into this on the local Craigs List in Sarasota. I am not so much interested in whether it is worth the asking price ($150.) but rather is it worth buying and owning. I have a bike i ride all the time (specialized allez pro - 2003) which I love. I also have a Lemond Buenos Aires which I used to ride but not so much anymore (the specialized is a really amazing bike). So, I would just ride this every once and a while on a whim. Maybe I will sell the Lemond to make some room. THoughts?

Bill McKay

Old 04-29-21, 05:12 PM
cyclophilia 

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 63 Posts
I'd pass on this one - you already own nicer bicycles. I really like Gitane but would steer you towards one with a better frame.

If you want to enjoy the ride quality of a classic French bicycle, consider something like the 1970s Gitane Tour de France currently on offer in the Classic and Vintage for sale area of Bikeforums.
Likes For cyclophilia:
Old 04-30-21, 04:44 AM
billmckay

Bikes: Specialized Allez Pro(2003); 1994 Cannondale R 800

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
I woke up this morning thinking the same thing. Good advice.

Bill McKay