Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

It's Delightful, It's De Lovely, It's DeSoto

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 08-06-22, 03:36 PM
bikamper
1991 PBP Anciens

Bikes: 1954 Robin Hood, 1964 Dunelt, 1968 Raleigh Superbe, 1969 Robin Hood, 197? Gitane, 1973 Raleigh SuperCourse, 1981 Miyata 710, 1990 Miyata 600GT, 2007 Rivendell Bleriot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 94 Posts

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember that and I own one. Actually two, if you count this nasty looking DeSoto trike that followed me home this week.

The earliest Rice Lake, WI registration is July 1980. I put air in the tires and rode it down my driveway. Learned quickly that neither brake worked and resorted to Flintstoneing to stop. No name drum in the front with a totally trashed Bendix 70 in the back. I'm not going to restore this one, it will be for low buck fun. Already trying to fit a Maillard tandem rear hub in the back with a triple freewheel. I can eventually see either IC or EV for motive power.
Likes For bikamper:
Old 08-06-22, 03:51 PM
clubman 
Phyllo-buster

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2287 Post(s)
Liked 2,028 Times in 1,244 Posts
Originally Posted by bikamper
I can eventually see either IC or EV for motive power.
Sadly, it's our destiny. Cool to find in any case.