Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Selling my Scott Foil RC 20, my new Winspace T1500 is that good

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-22, 12:51 PM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 88 Posts

Just got my Winspace T1500 built up with the same Rival AXS eTap as my 2022 Scott Foil RC 20 and man is this bike amazing. The bike feels slightly lighter and is simply faster. I knew I would have some bike redundancy, but I figured the Winspace was always just going to be a great backup bike, but I think the T1500 is simply the better bike regardless of money.

If anyone has any questions about WInspace let me know. This was my first Chinese frame and first custom build
Likes For Jrasero:
Old 08-13-22, 04:04 PM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 776 Posts
Let's see some pictures!
When I was building my bike, I wanted a Winspace frame, but they didn't have it in my size at the time. I went with another Chinese frameset from ICAN, with Ultegra Di2 driveline.
Old 08-14-22, 07:37 AM
Jrasero

Likes For Jrasero:
Old 08-14-22, 07:47 AM
Jrasero

Yeah, I have been following WInspace for some time now but I always seemed to miss out on a size 44cm/Small in disc. Finally, it came back into stock and they had one left and they were running a promo where if you buy any frame you get their integrated bars for free, plus there is a 10% coupon as well. I originally planned on only keeping this as a backup frame but got antsy and just built it up.

I am a small rider at 5'5" so this frame probably fits me better than my Scott Foil at 49cm, but since the frame is so compact at 44cm the one thing I don't like is getting water bottles in and out of the cages is terrible. If anyone gets a WInspace frame in an S and defiantly an XS, get side-loading cages. Other than that extremely stiff and while both my bikes aren't lightweight, the backend of the Foil just feels heavier and just rides heavier. When I get a chance I am going to weigh the two bikes, but my guess is that my Foil is 18.9lbs with cages, pedals, mount, and sensors and the T1500 is 18.5lbs

I have heard good things about ICAN. I know they make some good wheels. I think if I sell my Scott Foil I am going to try and buy a lightweight frameset to build up. I probably will look at ICAN or Winspace
Old 08-18-22, 09:40 AM
jonathanf2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked 1,041 Times in 441 Posts
Wow nice Winspace bike! They really seem to be making inroads with their frames and customer service as well. I was curious if Chinese carbon frames was a still a thing on this forum? I notice there hasn't been much activity on the DIY Chinese carbon thread. I just ordered a climbing frameset after doing a bunch of research and watched a few YT reviews of the frame I was looking at.
Old 08-24-22, 04:44 AM
mawn

Bikes: Ridley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Nice bike, is it comfortable?
Old 08-24-22, 11:32 AM
jsigone
got the climbing bug

Bikes: one for everything

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 908 Times in 273 Posts
needs smaller saddle bag. IMO I'd keep the foil.
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Old 08-24-22, 11:57 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 776 Posts
Originally Posted by jsigone
Fortunately, it's his bike, and his opinion.
Likes For Bald Paul:
Old 08-25-22, 02:28 PM
Jrasero

Originally Posted by mawn
Nice bike, is it comfortable?
As comfortable as an aero bike with a lightly padded carbon saddle can be lol. Very stiff and transfers power really well. Not a bike that I want to do anything above 50 miles in but super fun
Likes For Jrasero:
Old 08-25-22, 02:34 PM
Jrasero

Originally Posted by jsigone
The saddle bag is defiantly on the bigger end but man do I love this Topeak bag. I can fit a spare, my wallet, phone, and even a snack in there.

I am probably keeping the Foil. I tried selling it and putting out some feelers and Pros Closest would only give $2800 cash and the max offer I got was $4k private sale from somebody, which is fine but the bike was only bought in May and is in mint condition with low millage. $4K doesn't really get me any other electronic shifting climbing/race bike unless I want to build another Chinese carbon frame or maybe an Allez Sprint Disc. So yeah the title of my post is a bit misleading, since I decided to just upgrade some parts and keep the Foil. Changing the cranks to some smaller Force AXS 165mm, Force AXS RD, Force AXS Cassette, GP5000 28mm tires, and some Centerline XR 160mm rotors.
Old 08-25-22, 02:49 PM
Jrasero

Originally Posted by jonathanf2
Wow nice Winspace bike! They really seem to be making inroads with their frames and customer service as well. I was curious if Chinese carbon frames was a still a thing on this forum? I notice there hasn't been much activity on the DIY Chinese carbon thread. I just ordered a climbing frameset after doing a bunch of research and watched a few YT reviews of the frame I was looking at.
Yeah there are a bunch of Youtubers now covering Chinese frames, especially Cam Nichols who did an extensive multi video review of the Winspace T1500. I also looked at ICAN, TriFox, TriAero, Seka, Yoeleo and to me Winspace seemed like had the best mix of quality, performance, value, customer service, and delivery times compared to any company. I am very interested in getting their SLC2.0 disc if I ever want to jump ship from my Foil. No one at my local bike shop (Piermont Bikes) knew what a Winspace was but the mechanic (Nestor) thought it was a cool bike and I think in the end that's one of the biggest issues with Winspace or any Chinese frame in that you don't get the cred like you would with a LBS brand or a S-Works and the resale value and ease of sale is much less, granted the price of this bike was $1500 less then my stock Foil with the same exact group set. Again it will be interesting to see how my Foil is after I dropped a tad bit of weight, since most of it I dropped in the back end where I feel like the bike is the heaviest. I still think even with really heavy Rival AXS parts and a 1040g frame, the T1500 is a rocket and reminds me a lot of the power and feel of my prior Canyon Ultimate SL 8.0 Disc, just a lot more aero.